Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curtcooll

Server issue help

Question

So I have setup a server but when I go to join it says there is no map and the session is ending in 15 mins, I follow guy exactly https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mkouo77efl8jm09/AABXuLeRxVR5ALpGY6_CZioZa/EXILE%20SERVER%20INSTALLATION%20GUIDE%20V0.9.6.pdf?dl=0, It just joins the server when I find it under lan but it does nothing but just connect I look at server itself says I'm connecting then that's it, why is it so impossible to setup a server can easily setup servers dedicated on any other game easy but arma modded ones nooooo.

server.png

4 answers to this question

I might be able to help. I just got mine running using that same guide.

First off have you located your RPT logs? c\Arma\Server\SC

The RPT log usually will tell you about where it hurts.

Arma is a lot more challenging then other games. More so if you are running a dedicated server. Fortunately there are many people that are here to help.

You can post your RPT here. Look at the top of the box after you click reply. You see the EYE? click that and copy past your RPT into it. Myself or someone else can then help you from there.

Posted (edited)

Spoiler

0:18:12 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.213)
 0:18:12 Host identity created.
 0:18:12 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
 0:18:12 Mission Exile.Namalsk read from bank.
 0:18:12 Roles assigned.
 0:18:12 Reading mission ...
 0:18:19 Mission read.
 0:18:19 Game started.

I don't get any errors I joined someone else server and where you get mods the server uses if I have them installed it goes green but on my server it shows map namlask and exile but they are red dots not highlighted green. I can remote with logmin what me and my friend where doing so you can see where ive gone wrong maybe, my steam is curtcooll

Edited by curtcooll

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

ok ive managed to get them green running wrong version but I get above this error what does it mean. I looked up error and it says you need to copy keys over I downloaded the map then copy both of them one to arma 3 folder and my server folder just don't understand key is there.

amalsk.png

Edited by curtcooll

That is simple. Look in the folder for the mod you are installing (goes for maps too) there is a folder says keys. Take the BIkey in that mod key folder and put in the folder in your servers root that is also keys. Already in this keys folder on your server will be Arma 3 and Exile. So if you are adding Cup Terrians you would look in its folder for the key and make sure its in your servers key folder.

Also you have your batch file done correctly as well right? That is your Exile Auto Start I think the guide calls it. Use notepad++ to open that. Find the line that has @Exile and make sure whatever other mods you are using is in that line. This is telling the server what mods to use. Note the name you have in this line must be exactly as the folder name. I usually right click the mod folder then rename. Now the name of the folder is highlighted. Just copy/paste it into the batch.

I can tell you it does get easier after you get over the hurdles like these. I started in the kiddie pool with a hosted server. They did all this stuff for me. You are get great experience. Soon you will be helping someone as I am helping you.

Good luck

Advertisement