Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STARTairsoft780

Weird Crashing ... Haven't seen anything about it

Question

I'm getting the common and morbid "The Instruction at 0x referenced memory at 0x The memory could not be read"

I know, this has been posted a million times, and I've done a million different things to solve it but with no luck. My issue is a little different than most user's though: 

I get this error in Arma randomly or when I complete a function. For example:

• I sat my character in a building for about 30 minutes, left the game open, came back and it was crashed. Never touched it, never had any player come near me. 
  • When building an object I crashed upon placing it.
  • Whenever other players are near me using direct communication I crash within 5 minutes
  • When a side chat message is displayed I immediately crash. I can see the message but right as it shows up on my screen I'm hit with the crash.

I've contacted BIS, but I'm skeptical if they'll find a solution. 

Things I've done:

I've used the normal Arma 3 Server browser, A3Launcher, still the same issue. I've upgraded drivers, video and sound, I've ensured that all 16gb of ram is being used, I've removed my ram sticks and placed them in other slots, I've reinstalled the game, verified the integrity, verified my servers integrity, reinstalled all the mods client side and server side, and yes, I've restarted my PC.

If anyone has had this error and has had a unique solution or has any feedback please help! I can't play for more than 5 minutes let alone admin my server with these issues :/

6 answers to this question

Having the same issues you are but mine is upon connecting to ANY server. I can sit at the main menu just fine but once I try to connect to any servers, boom, death. 

Sorry for necroing an old thread but its the most recent one mentioning this issue. Im having more "instruction at" issues as well. Just exile mod tho. All my other mods work just fine. 

Try deleting Exile Mod , and Reinstalling it .

Advertisement

Done that. Reinstalled the mods, rebooted my PC, the whole shibang.

1 hour ago, Sagon said:

AHaving the same issues you are but mine is upon connecting to ANY server. I can sit at the main menu just fine but once I try to connect to any servers, boom, death. 

Sorry for necroing an old thread but its the most recent one mentioning this issue. Im having more "instruction at" issues as well. Just exile mod tho. All my other mods work just fine. 

Tab out to the desktop until you are done connecting to the server.... thats the only working way to avoid the crash at loading the server files when connecting to an Exile server...

I've fixed it. Disabled MapIcons from infiSTAR for a day, turned them back on and haven't crashed since. 

Advertisement