Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spackler

Dead Players Saving Slot

8 posts in this topic

So I am seeing that players are killing themselves and then just sit there dead and go off and have dinner or whatever so that they save their slot. Has anyone had to deal with this? How did you monitor it is there anything that can be done like say if they get the respawn button and do not click it after so long they are kicked.

48 minutes ago, Spackler said:

So I am seeing that players are killing themselves and then just sit there dead and go off and have dinner or whatever so that they save their slot. Has anyone had to deal with this? How did you monitor it is there anything that can be done like say if they get the respawn button and do not click it after so long they are kicked.

No one cares because there are only a few servers with slot issues, BI doesnt create a queue time even after the players asked alot about it ...

a queue time would clean ur problem and the 2-15 minutes connect attemps on popular ones ... its frustrating trying to join with your 5 man group a full server. 

Advertisement

Yeah just thought I would ask. I would also like to figure out how to get BEC to stop spamming my kill feed with 

The Server has reached its player limit.

54 minutes ago, Spackler said:

Yeah just thought I would ask. I would also like to figure out how to get BEC to stop spamming my kill feed with 

The Server has reached its player limit.

You would need to edit your BEC config file. You probably have "SlotLimitKickMsg" and "SlotLimit" which are used for reserved slots. If you set SlotLimit below your max players (ie: Set it to 35 on a 40 slot server), then you end up with reserved slots (5 reserved slots in this example) and anyone joining the server after the SlotLimit is met will get the message in SlotLimitKickMsg.

8 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

You would need to edit your BEC config file. You probably have "SlotLimitKickMsg" and "SlotLimit" which are used for reserved slots. If you set SlotLimit below your max players (ie: Set it to 35 on a 40 slot server), then you end up with reserved slots (5 reserved slots in this example) and anyone joining the server after the SlotLimit is met will get the message in SlotLimitKickMsg.

Yeah just wish I could suppress that message it is spamming the kill feed.

7 minutes ago, Spackler said:

Yeah just wish I could suppress that message it is spamming the kill feed.

You can. Either remove the SlotLimit or delete the message next to FlotLimitKickMsg. 

Here is what I have below in my BEC config, and below that is what is seen in the kill feed. I need to slotlimit for admins to be able to get on to help people out.

# Set the message people will get when they try to connect and is not whitelisted. Text must be in ascii letters.
SlotLimitKickMsg =

has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Only Reserved Slots Left)

Ah, ok. I thought if you didn't have a message in there, it wouldn't show one. Hey, at least your server is popular enough to have that happen! :)

2 people like this

Advertisement