CameraChick

Merging Maps. Possible?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The title speaks for itself.  I know NOTHING about map editing (yet), and I am wondering if it is possible to merge maps?  Say, if I wanted to take Chernarus (with all of it's buildings and objects) and merge it so it was (for example) North of Altis so that they were both on the same playable map.  Could this be possible? If so, how many maps do you think you could merge? I mean, Australia's size and vastness shocked everyone when it turned out to actually work and run smoothly, so I am wondering if merging maps may actually become a reality. Love to hear your thoughts.

Edited by CameraChick

I mean, theoretically it is possible, if you got someone who knew what they were doing to put them together into its own file, but I dont think it would really work out well, it would be to big, merging something like altis and chernarus. But hey, its all up to you, have fun with it!

Advertisement

I am thinking a map compiled of multiple smaller maps would be MUCH too big for PVP, but might work out well for smaller PVE servers. Using DMS and other mission addons, it would be kinda cool (IMHO) to have such vast expanses to explore.

Sure. Get permission from all of the authors, get their files, and combine it. :)

Nope, wouldn't work, they have different grid sizes i think, so this would be completely impossible

Advertisement