CameraChick

AI Units on Rooftops

4 posts in this topic

I have been scouring the BIS and other forums for a couple hours now and can't seem to find anything that actually works within Exile... so I figured I would check with ppl that actually know what's going on.

Using the format that Origin's Sector B used for placing AI via the mission.sqm, I am currently testing this with one AI. In my mission.sqm, I have this:

position[]={38063.609,20.642773,20076.652};
                    azimut=140;
                    special="NONE";
                    id=0;
                    side="EAST";
                    vehicle="O_soldier_exp_F";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    rank="COLONEL";
                    skill=1;
                    init="this disableAI 'MOVE';";
                    description="na zadore";

The unit has been placed with all information working EXCEPT for the Z/height... and I cannot figure out how to make this happen. I have tried a couple different init-based scripts, to no avail. Hoping someone here as gotten this to work for themselves. I don't care about pathing or searching buildings, I simply want each AI to stand still and engage from their current position.

Posted (edited)

the ai in the dev branch of apex follow you up onto rooftops, if you look in the occupation static mission in DMS you can see an example of how to get them to patrol an area (including entering buildings and climbing stairs and ladders). I never managed to get them to do it successfully until the 1.63 branch.

Edited by second_coming

Advertisement

So I used the Occupation static mission as a template to create a collection of "Town Raid" style missions. The AI spawn in the town, but they don't seem to enter buildings or move up on to roofs or stairs. They just wander around outside the buildings using corners and objects as cover when engaged. I've never once seen one go into a building or up stairs or on a roof.

6 hours ago, canuckbrian said:

So I used the Occupation static mission as a template to create a collection of "Town Raid" style missions. The AI spawn in the town, but they don't seem to enter buildings or move up on to roofs or stairs. They just wander around outside the buildings using corners and objects as cover when engaged. I've never once seen one go into a building or up stairs or on a roof.

they only seem to go up on the roof if a player is up there who they have spotted.

http://pastebin.com/YV9dkcSy

That's a copy of the mission I use (it's slightly different to the one in DMS)

Advertisement