MudBone

Modded or Unmodded Server Poll

Modded or unmodded server setup?   32 members have voted

1. 1. Modded or unmodded server setup?

• Heavily Modded - I like a huge variety of weapons vehicles and gear
    • Unmodded - I like not having to download a ton of stuff to get in
    • Either - I dont care either way

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Which do you think is better for a PvP Exile server running a stock map (Altis, Stratis, Tanoa). Keep in mind I am referring to addon mods (like CUP Weaspons) andnot server side mods/scripts.

A heavily modded server with tons of stuff to download but lots of goodies to collect and play with in game (weapons, uniforms vehicles etc)

OR

An unmodded server that only requires you to have the exile mod to play (all other mods and scripts server side)

If you have additional thoughts you'd like to post I'd be glad to read them.

Thanks for feeding back....

Edited by MudBone

My experience, mods are not very well made, it's not perfect. Take for example guns from mods. Some guns you can't put in your backpack for some reason (?), and you can't put any scope on it / some scopes are not working (??)

My experience, most vanilla works the best

Advertisement

I think the server list speaks for itself . Populated / Popular servers are Modded , Vanilla Servers are :tumbleweed:

A lot of servers are going to be mainly vanilla exile with a few things changed or added in the upcoming patch.

Across the months we see a large number of players join and get disconnected largely (we assume) because they do not have all the required mods. Some people get the system use Steam or A3Launcher but a large number do not and struggle to load maps, mods and addons.

1 hour ago, Flosstradamus said:

A lot of servers are going to be mainly vanilla exile with a few things changed or added in the upcoming patch.

I agree , I know we will have a vanilla Tanoa server , having said that , how long did Exile last as "Vanilla" on Altis before everything A2 was added , even today you see A2 content ( Vehicles & Weapons ) added to basic Exile , not something actually "New"  ? So I think it will again be comparing Apples and Oranges for the time being .

The heavily modded servers are what people seem to want, myself included. The new native launcher makes it a lot easier to join with the correct mods so I think that's less of an issue then in the past.

You can't ever ignore the fact though, that many of the common mods are far from as well finished as the vanilla arma content, and cause numerous issues; I particularly steer clear of non-vanilla scopes for this reason. If as a player base we were fully focussed on the gameplay it would have to be vanilla all the way; but we do like our shinies ;)

The mods are all the same. More weapons, more vehicles, more clothing/content.

So the more Exile adds to the base mod (like they are with the next update) the less reliant we (server owners) have to be on third party mods!

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, CEN said:

The mods are all the same. More weapons, more vehicles, more clothing/content.

So the more Exile adds to the base mod (like they are with the next update) the less reliant we (server owners) have to be on third party mods!

As long as Server Owners run maps other than Altis , Stratis or Tanoa , you are reliant on Mods . And I'm betting that including Apex material in Exile is going to exclude a lot of players , Quote " But we are still discussing this with Bohemia Interactive, since the APEX DLC will only be available for the players who have bought it. If we need to patch APEX content - eg. adjusting vehicle capacity - we would need to require APEX and Exile would stop working on non-APEX installations. We would like to prevent that, so non-APEX users can continue playing. ".   So it's going to be difficult to get away from having Mod Reliant servers . 

Right now i always go for a modded server.

Usualy they bloat the server with untested bugged vehicles and content.

So from the next update i would love to play on a unmodded server.

Especialy with psycho doing the bug fixes on the vehicles right now.

I would still like a map like Cherno or Essenker to be included tho.

Advertisement