BetterDeadThanZed

Custom buildings won't spawn loot

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to set up a test server for Exile and Iron Front Liberation using the Staszow map that comes with the IFL mod.

I created a loot position table file using the Exile Loot Position tool (http://pastebin.com/8HR8jEVh) for all of the custom buildings that are on Statszow. I added an "include" line to my config.cpp's loot table section, just like I've done on several other servers:

class CfgBuildings
{
	#include "staszow_loot.hpp"

class land_1
	{
		table = "Industrial";
		positions[] = {{14.0977, 9.27832, -5.30631},{-6.3584, 8.4375, -5.30632},{-14.2788, 8.0957, -5.30632}};
	};

The building classnames and loot positions are all correct in the staszow_loot.hpp. I get no errors in my server log. When I join the server, only the regular Arma buildings (such as the wooden sheds) are spawning loot. None of the custom buildings from the IFL are spawning loot.

To be sure the files I am loading with the "include" command is actually loading, I took one of the custom buildings from the included file and added it's loot positions to the regular loot positions in config.cpp. When the server started, it said that building was already defined, which tells me it IS reading the file that I included in the config.cpp. I also tried having the loot positions from the staszow_loot.hpp file in the regular config.cpp loot positions but that also made no difference.

I know that loot should be spawning in every building because I set the loot spawn chances to their max for testing and I'm using Infistar's Loot ESP to see where loot is spawning. I only see is spawning in the Wooden Sheds, which I believe are the only loot spawning buildings that aren't custom to the map:

300px-Wood_shack_kit.jpg.c74f62ad00e702a

I started working on this over a month ago and walked away from it for a while to do other things and last night I realized one thing. At no point did my server report file ever say anything about "missing addons", which I thought was odd because I didn't have anything added to the mission.sqm "addons" line for the IFL mod. So, I tried adding some stuff to it, based on the pbo names in the "addons" folder for IFL but it made no difference:

Spoiler

addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client","A3_Soft_F_Car","A3_Soft_F_Quadbike","a3_soft_f_beta_quadbike","A3_Boat_F_Civilian_Boat","A3_Boat_F_Boat_Transport_01","A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01","A3_Air_F_Heli_Heli_Transport_04","A3_Air_F_Heli_Heli_Transport_03","a3_characters_f_gamma","A3_Characters_F_OPFOR","A3_Characters_F_INDEP","A3_Characters_F_Civil","a3_characters_f","A3_Data_F_Curator_Virtual","uh1h","WW2_Terrains_c_Structures_Buildings_c","WW2_Terrains_c_Structures_Buildings2_c","ww2_terrains_c_worlds_staszow_c","ww2_terrains_c_structures_buildingsrw_c","ww2_terrains_c_structures_castle_c","ww2_terrains_c_structures_ponton_c","ww2_terrains_c_structures_trenches_c","ww2_terrains_c_worlds_core_c","ww2_terrains_c_worlds_cutscene_staszow_c","ww2_terrains_m_structures_buildings2_m","ww2_terrains_m_structures_buildingsrw_m","ww2_terrains_m_structures_buildings_m","ww2_terrains_m_structures_castle_m","ww2_terrains_r_structures_buildings2_r","ww2_terrains_r_structures_buildingsrw_r","ww2_terrains_r_structures_buildings_r","ww2_terrains_r_structures_castle_r","ww2_terrains_r_worlds_staszow_r","ww2_terrains_t_structures_buildings2_t","ww2_terrains_t_structures_buildingsrw_t","ww2_terrains_t_structures_buildings_t","ww2_terrains_t_structures_castle_t","ww2_terrains_t_worlds_staszow_layers_t","ww2_terrains_t_worlds_staszow_t","ww2_terrains_w_worlds_staszow_w"
	};

Does anyone have any input on this? Do you see something that maybe I'm not seeing?

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

I am having the exact same issue, just on Esseker. 

No errors, nothing preventing the server from launching, and I even tested my files with the Altis map (with the default config so loot would actually spawn in the correct areas) and loot spawned. Even with a vanilla install of Exile and Esseker, no loot would spawn. 

Advertisement

My problem isn't that no loot is spawning. Loot spawns in the A2 and A3 buildings. Loot isn't spawning in the buildings custom made for IFL.

7 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

My problem isn't that no loot is spawning. Loot spawns in the A2 and A3 buildings. Loot isn't spawning in the buildings custom made for IFL.

That's what I meant, pardon. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. Some loot does spawn but not in any A2 or A3 buildings. 

2 hours ago, Canopy Sheep said:

That's what I meant, pardon. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. Some loot does spawn but not in any A2 or A3 buildings. 

Not sure where loot would be spawning for you then, as Esseker is almost exclusively A2 and A3 buildings. I'd suggest your own thread to try to work out that problem. 

Advertisement