red_ned

Why a mid week update?

Question

As most server admins/devs are working (I think) releasing patches mid week really is annoying as I just wont have time to update and 2/3 of my players got auto updated.

Its hard enough to get and keep players without this kind of thing happening, especially as its a huge update.

I appreciate al involved in Exile but please please please think about this in future

1 person likes this

1 answer to this question

Do you also write these messages to Bohemia Interactive as they tend to update on a Tuesday? 

It does not matter when we release. If we release to frequent, people will complain they cannot patch as that often. If we do not update for a longer time, people will complain we are lazy fuckers. If we release on a weekend, people will complain they have to attend a party or are too drunk. If we update on a working day, people will complain they do not have time. If we release in the evening, people will complain they have to care about their family and friends. If we release on a random date, people will complain its their birthday and they do not have time. Meanwhile, some people in Australia will complain that they have been asleep while the Europe guys had an advantage, while the US guys cry they are in the office.

We have also announced the update days ago.

<rant>
I work in another country and travel for weeks. I work on Exile at the airport. After 14 hour days in the hotel, I work on Exile, too. I work every night until waaay after midnight - up to 18 hours each day. For nothing. Meanwhile, I have a newborn son and have been working on Exile while singing lullaby songs. Please tell me: You do not have time.
</rant>

28 people like this

Advertisement