Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smok3

Client cannot connect/memory errors Guide

Question

A little guide to help you connect with 0.9.8 Kiwi;

1, Delete Exile from Arma 3 folder and reinstall a freshly downloaded version of 0.9.8 Kiwi.

2. Remove the mission file from AppData\Local\Arma 3 for the server you are trying to connect to.

3. Add -malloc=system to Arma 3 launch parameters.

4. Make sure everything is updated. IE: Arma, Mods, the server you are trying to join. 

5. If you CTD, keep trying to rejoin the server. Give it 3-4 tries. 

Albeit, this guide is not a be all end all. Just a completion of things that have worked for others here on the forums.  You may not need to do everything in the list or you may have to try them all. Will continue to edit this if i find other things that have helped. Enjoy. :)

And a BIG thank you to Exile Devs. 

8 answers to this question

Unfortunately this didn't work for me :( much sadness....

I don't know a great deal at all, but, (and it could be coincidence) all the people I know who've had issues with the latest exile patch have all been using Windows 10. All those I know running windows 7 still have had zero issues. Could just be bad luck etc. but, maybe this will spark an idea for someone if it is indeed something to do with something.

After trying this fix I was still getting the seemingly random windows crash error messages. Some were seemingly nothing to do with arma at all like the DIVIDE_BY_ZERO one.....from what I gathered that actually has to do with internet explorer......odd stuff.

I found this guide as well  https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1274-uohk-5653 

although the problem has been around since at least last year and not necessarily Exile related , read here , non modded Arma - https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3awi88/the_memory_could_not_be_written/

Note : I keep my drivers up to date , and I do clean installs of them .

I used to get occasional memory crashes .

I found I generally get the error after i have been tabbed out , and have had something else up ,  like an open

browser . So I have minimized the risk by not doing that ,  so far so good .  I hope that's helpful .

Advertisement
On 7/1/2016 at 5:28 PM, Goblin said:

although the problem has been around since at least last year and not necessarily Exile related , read here , non modded Arma - https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3awi88/the_memory_could_not_be_written/

True, but since 0.9.8, this problem has increased exponentially. None of the posted "work arounds" have made any difference. If I play Exile 0.9.61, not a crash. Switch to 0.9.8 and crash after crash. I haven't been able to join a 0.9.8 server in 3 days.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

True, but since 0.9.8, this problem has increased exponentially. None of the posted "work arounds" have made any difference. If I play Exile 0.9.61, not a crash. Switch to 0.9.8 and crash after crash. I haven't been able to join a 0.9.8 server in 3 days.

Annoying yes , but I haven't had more than one memory crash a day playing 0.9.8 for quite a while , and I put in a lot of hours . There are some things that seem to influence the situation negatively , so I avoid them . 

Edited by Goblin

Top 2

Run as little in the background as possible ( launchers / browsers ) , enough said there .

Completely close Arma and Steam when " Pausing "  game play ,  then restart , no " log to launcher " and back .

Just wait til your client says connecting and alt tab out of the game wait about a min then go back into the game this works 100% without having to delete or anything else to get in game. I have noticed once I do this I don't have to alt tab once I'm in arma

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Workaround I discovered to avoid the game crash...
*do not use Arma 3 native game launcher*
*use known good, custom tbbmalloc.dll from here: https://github.com/fred41/tbbmalloc_arma/tree/master/binary *
*install tbbmalloc.dll, by pasting to your '.\Arma 3\dll\' directory*

1. Launch via steam with these parameters:
    -nolauncher -useBE -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -noFilePatching -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=4096 -exThreads=7 -high -malloc=tbbmalloc -enableHT -mod=@Exile;@Ryanzombies

2. Attempt to join target server (my case: moosemilker.ddns.net:2582)

*download mpmission*

Result: Game loads without the game crash issue.

Reference - my bug open to BIS: 
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119144

Edited by Terd Fergasen

Advertisement