Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wave210

9.8 disconnecting user

Question

Hello, I run a small server and we just updated to 9.8 the problem that we are having is the server comes up correctly but when you go to connect it gives a black screen for a moment, then briefly says "enjoy your stay" and disconnects them from the server. is there something i might be missing. I can't tell if it is on the client side or the server side. I've used a3 installer to update the exile mod. Any ideas were i should look.

10 answers to this question

in the RPT log is always a good start but if you used the search function on this forum you would have found loads of posts about black screens.....

Advertisement

I was searching through them, it is interesting the first time i fixed the black screen i installed the vc++ stuff, but this seems to be different than the other black screen stuff from before. but Iwill check the RPT log and see what it states.

so here is a stupid question, when i updated the server i only installed the server files, should have i updated the client on the server too?

its all good, didn't even think about it, thanks for your help. most of the times its the simple thing that kills us...

Whelp I am going to say this thread is answered.

32 minutes ago, wave210 said:

so here is a stupid question, when i updated the server i only installed the server files, should have i updated the client on the server too?

Yes both server files and client files need to be updated on your server. I had the issue of a black screen so i did a complete fresh install and everything is smooth as silk so far.

I'm still getting the black screen I might have to check out the database, everyone is probably going to lose there stuff, but hey they know how to get it back.

providing you have run the sql update file a wipe is not supposed to be needed. As far as i know we have not heard from the devs regarding the black screen yet so a wipe might not fix it.

When i first install the new version to my test server i did a 100% fresh install with a new database etc and still got the black screen. I managed to get past it by committing suicide and since then it appears to be ok but its only me connecting so i dont know for sure

Advertisement