• 0
GZRep

Regroup Chat Messages 0.9.8

Question

So... I get alot of regroup messages in the chat after updating to 0.9.8.
Also get other arma related random chat messages.

Any idea on  whats causing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 answers to this question

  • 0

+1

I get those group chat 'regroup' messages and could hear it in von as well until I disabled von to solve the other von problem. 

Are you running Zombies and Demons? I have a sneaky suspicion it's something to do with ai somehow as I seem to remember a similar issue years ago on Arma 2 dayz epoch. Can't remember how I fixed that..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This is due to Exile placing all Bambi's into one group together(until the host a party). So if a server has 50 players and all 50 do not create individual parties, then you get those messages from all players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 0

Would this fix it in the mission file while we wait for a fix from the exile devs....(I can't test as am at work..) 

enableRadio false; //disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, BaroN said:

+1

I get those group chat 'regroup' messages and could hear it in von as well until I disabled von to solve the other von problem. 

Are you running Zombies and Demons? I have a sneaky suspicion it's something to do with ai somehow as I seem to remember a similar issue years ago on Arma 2 dayz epoch. Can't remember how I fixed that..... 

Yeah, im running exilez, a3xai and dms.
Everything seems to run smooth so far...
But these messages are annoying :P

Anyone that has a temporary fix or could mix up one for this maybe?

57 minutes ago, Mr.Pig said:

This is due to Exile placing all Bambi's into one group together(until the host a party). So if a server has 50 players and all 50 do not create individual parties, then you get those messages from all players.

Awesome :P We just have to fix this then. As you say, more players more messages ^^ ohh.

14 minutes ago, BaroN said:

Would this fix it in the mission file while we wait for a fix from the exile devs....(I can't test as am at work..) 

enableRadio false; //disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen

Almost didnt see your text there, but i will test this now!
Atleast temporary...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

My fix has fixed it for my server so far. Well no reports of group spam in the chat since.... 

Scratch that, still getting the messages....

Edited by BaroN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I added this to the init.sqf

// Disable Radio Chatter
enableRadio false;
0 fadeRadio 0;

We have not seen any of this messages anymore after almost 8 hours and 1 restart..
But i will need to double check it to make shure they are REALLY gone :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did wonder about faderadio....great, thanks will try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, BaroN said:

I did wonder about faderadio....great, thanks will try that.

Yeah, i cant guarantee that this is working. But for now, no messages have shown on our server...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i think they would have to be honest...I have a steady 10 or so players on and a restart in 45 mins. will post results after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, GZRep said:

I added this to the init.sqf


// Disable Radio Chatter
enableRadio false;
0 fadeRadio 0;

We have not seen any of this messages anymore after almost 8 hours and 1 restart..
But i will need to double check it to make shure they are REALLY gone :P

This is exactly what we do, but we also do a little more:

// Do not broadcast group commands
// Do not talk to AI
enableSentences false;
enableRadio false;

// No group chatter (ENEMY AT 200m blah)
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
player disableConversation true;

Also, autoReport is set to 0. But none of these seem to have an affect. After some research, this also occurred in earlier versions. Will investigate more.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.