Mr.Bludfire

Making Exile server

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

So I'm about to start running an exile server, but I'm totally new with this and I need lots of more information. I know there's an awesome guide for it and I'm using it so I think the actual setup shouldn't be a problem.

The main question is that do I need to buy another arma3 for different user or is it enough that there is arma3 installed?  I'm about to use my second pc to run server.

There's all this time, but I think I'll need to ask more things when beginning the process

Arma 3 have a dedicated server package. Im not sure about on a second pc but you are able to run the dedicated server and arma 3 both on the same pc at the same time.

Have a look on steam. Library > Tools > Arma 3 Server

Advertisement

Ok.

Now I first tried to make it run from my gaming PC with no luck. I went through the "dedicated server package" guide and used the server installation guide as a help, but after all, no matter what I try to do, I get "arma3server.exe can't be found" (or something like that it's Finnish on my screen).

If someone could have time running me through this from start to end maybe at weekend, that would be great. Maybe with skype call or TS step by step. I would really appreciate that.

Ok I made it! I made setup and got server running, but now when I try to connect, I get "memory could not be written" error and game crashes. The weird thing here is that I can connect to every server normally except my own, no matter of mods or parameters or anything.

Any help?

Hello, it seems your making this A LOT harder than what it needs to to be. I use a batch file that installs the newest arma 3 server version to a set directory and you can move all the files there and run the arma 3 server. I can help you just PM me!

Regards

Posted (edited)

All done! Thanks for help to everyone and to @S for great guide.

Can shut down thread and mark as solved

Edited by Mr.Bludfire

Advertisement