Prophayne

mission Help with custom mission file

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I'm trying to learn how to make a mission file from scratch, and only have what few tutorials are lying around to try to do this. I've got a bit of the mission file done, and am hitting the mission file read from bank issue, and not really knowing what to do to start with doesn't help much when it comes to discerning errors. I'm posting my mission file in hopes that one of you fine ladies or gentlemen could help point me in the right direction, thanks  in advance. I also apologize if this is in the wrong spot, didn't see a single "mission" category. edit: Spoiler went to hell so just dropping a pastebin link instead. http://pastebin.com/bNe2CUyS

Edited by Prophayne

18 answers to this question

I have had a quick look at yours and tbh your much better just editing the current Altis mission.sqm then trying to make a new one. You have lots in yours thats just not needed.

Have a look at the default mission.sqm, the parts you need to edit are:

1. In addOns and addOnsAuto replace a3_map_altis with the map you are using
  2. Find "class Groups" a few lines down is "items=100;", below here you will find "class Item0" - "class Item99" This is the list of lobby places, you need to edit the coordinates so make sure they are off your map. I normally just do them bottom left corner but its up to you.
  3. Now find "class Markers", below here is the spawn positions and mapmarkers you need to edit your spawn positions here, its up to you how many spawn positions you have just make sure there all named different. Make sure that "items=26;" is the correct count for all you want in this section, remember it starts on 0 so the last would be 25 by default.
  4. After this all that is left to do is find "class Intro", "class OutroWin" & "class OutroLoose". In each of them will be a addOns and addOnsAuto block with "a3_map_altis" in. Change this to your map name.

Give it a try and see what you get, post your results here and ill have a look at them for you if you want.

Advertisement

Well done :), from what i can see the mission file looks OK (providing the headless client part is correct as i have never done a headless client before). I know i could have done it for you etc but if your trying to learn then downloading one or getting someone to do it for you wont help.

The black screen is something a lot of people are having problems with at the moment. I had it the first time i tried to connect to my test server. What i found to work was committing suicide from the escape menu and then re spawning.

As for your RPT, the only error i can see is this

17:28:34 Error in expression <ir setPosWorld (_x select 0);
}
forEach ExileRouletteChairPositions;
"Russian Ro>
17:28:34   Error position: <ExileRouletteChairPositions;
"Russian Ro>
17:28:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: exileroulettechairpositions
17:28:34 File exile_server\code\ExileServer_system_russianRoulette_initialize.sqf, line 30

I dont think this would stop you from getting into your server but it might. Post your initServer.sqf as that will be where the error is caused i think.

The init server isnt very large, so just pasting it here. I used a vanilla no traders or anything exile.cherno.pbo and got in fine when I tested it, removing the spawns and adding the custom one is the only thing I've done to the mission so far.

setTimeMultiplier 18;

if (isServer) then {

};

ok for a default exile initserver.sqf nothing you have there is present. The "if (isServer) then{ };" is doing nothing as there is no code in it so its up to you if you want to keep it. Not used the setTimeMultiplier so not sure on that one.

anyhow to get rid of the error in your rpt paste this at the end of what you already have in it.

Spoiler

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Russian Roulette
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_objects =
[

];

{
    private ["_object"];

_object = (_x select 0) createVehicle [0,0,0];
    _object setDir (deg (_x select 2));
    _object setPosWorld (_x select 1);
    _object allowDamage false;
    _object enableSimulation (_x select 3);
    _object enableSimulationGlobal (_x select 3);; // :)
}
forEach _objects;

ExileRouletteChairs = [];

ExileRouletteChairPositions = 
[

];

{
    private ["_chair"];

_chair = "Land_ChairWood_F" createVehicle [0, 0, 0];
    _chair setDir (deg (_x select 1));
    _chair setPosWorld (_x select 0);
    _chair allowDamage false;
    _chair enableSimulationGlobal true;

ExileRouletteChairs pushBack _chair;
}
forEach ExileRouletteChairPositions;

This wont give you the Russian roulette trader etc, its just the code for it but i have removed all the added items so it just clears the error.

Posted (edited)

Fixing blackjack let me into the server!  So, one more question then. I want to make a custom trader city as the main trader on the map, I know how to use the editor but it isnt allowing me to load up missions for exile I havnt made myself, is there a special way I need to paste the items onto the mission.sqm?

Thanks a lot for going through this with me by the way, I've wanted to try this for a long time but the learning curve and scarce information kept me from giving it a go.

edit: Would you also happen to know how to place the concrete mixers? I'm using the eden editor, and the m3editor and couldnt find anything with concrete in the name other than the walls themself.

Edited by Prophayne

forget mission.sqm, you dont have to add anything else to it from what you posted today (unless you want to add more markers etc)

Trader cities are in initServer.sqf, but the traders go in initPlayerLocal.sqf. Your better of reading through the default ones to see how there setup.

I would recommend getting @m3e_3den & @m3editor if you dont already have them. you will find it a lot easier. Once you have made your trader city you can use m3e_3den (i think its that one) to export the information (export all) and then you can remove whats not needed to it looks the same as the default one.

It will take a bit of getting used to but once you know where your going its not hard.

concrete mixers go in initServer.sqf as well. Add this code after the roulette code

Spoiler

// Concrete Mixers

_concreteMixers = 
[
	[[7357.66,5309.82,34.6739], 280.89]
];

{
	_concreteMixer = "Exile_ConcreteMixer" createVehicle (_x select 0);
	_concreteMixer setDir (_x select 1);
	_concreteMixer setPosASL (_x select 0);
    _concreteMixer allowDamage false;
    _concreteMixer enableSimulationGlobal true;
}
forEach _concreteMixers;

Then just edit the cords where you want them to be.

NP im happy to help. I remember what it was like when i was learning back in 2012/13

Okay, so I have custom objects showing up, and the trader city worked perfectly. Now I have an issue with the traders not showing up, and I followed a tutorial on here to do it. Posting the initPlayerLocal.sqf: http://pastebin.com/Q4TBkDV7

I dont really know how to see whats wrong here, as nothing is showing up in the rpt log.

Just had a quick look.

What does ExileClientXM8IsPowerOn = true; do?

Also in every block of your code you have a , on the last line before the ]

Advertisement