williamv1999

Ambient flyover issues

Question

We have been noticing the ambient flyovers will get stuck on the ground or on city streets for no reason. The Ambient flyovers just seem to circle around players, never really going away.

5 answers to this question

Yes. Same at my server. 3 or 4 of them fly around a trader city. So fucking loud and annoying

1 person likes this

I've also had the problem, particularly with the A10's doing some sort of slow sweeping pass (that's the report I had from players and I've experienced it myself now). Each time, it's apparently happened when the player is in a trader city and the planes will essentially follow the player around, circling, until they decide to land somewhere nearby after half an hour or so (I imagine because they are out of fuel).

For the moment, I've disabled them. I've checked the RPT and it only has 2 lines associated with the invoking of the ambient flyover and nothing further.

Mods; Chernarus, ExileZ2, DMS, Occupation. All mods were updated at the release of Exile 0.9.8.

Spoiler

20:24:30 "ExileServer - Calling ExileServer_system_event_ambientFlyOver_start..."
20:24:30 "ExileServer - Ambient Fly Over - Heading to R :1 (Riker) REMOTE..."

Advertisement
		class AmbientFlyOver
		{
			type = "call";
			function = "ExileServer_system_event_ambientFlyOver_start";
			minTime = 30; // minutes
			maxTime = 90; // minutes
			minimumPlayersOnline = 1;
		};

Try changing that minium players online section, I havent myself tried. 

I'm afraid that doesn't seem to help, my minimum players online was already set to 1 for ambient flyovers.... in my case, they spawn just fine but it seems to be when certain combinations of flyovers and jets are used they just hang around until they run out of fuel and land nearby.

If I get time, I'll do some testing to see what flyover/jet combos get stuck. That might help narrow down the problem.

Just to clarify, I have modified none of the Exile_Server.pbo files and it was a clean v1.0 installation with just config file adjustments

Spoiler

class AmbientFlyOver
        {
            type = "call";
            function = "ExileServer_system_event_ambientFlyOver_start";
            minTime = 30; // minutes
            maxTime = 90; // minutes
            minimumPlayersOnline = 1;

Appreciate the suggestion though.

I ended up overriding ExileServer_system_event_ambientFlyOver_start with a blank file as it was still spawning the flyover even when I removed it from the event list.

Advertisement