Retribution

Memory Crash Work Around

Question

A lot of folks seem to be having crash and freezing issues - this has worked 100% for me and everyone else who has tried it so far - possible work around for this error. Please post your experience with this workaround so we can all reap the benefits. 

Credit to  @-=Suicide=- for posting this below - 

16 hours ago, -=Suicide=- said:

I've been having the same issues. Error would pop while mission file was downloading etc etc

I may have a temp fix... Try alt tabbing as soon as you hit join server. Don't tab back in until you are 100% sure the missionfile has downloaded.

Worked for me

Moderators if this post is in the wrong spot feel free to move it. 

2 people like this

13 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, The Sincere Devil said:

How do you do that?

click the link. this worked for me. it stopped memory errors while downloading mission files. is this the problem you are having? i haven't had a problem since.. once i set arma3.exe to always run as administrator i launched the game in the normal way using the arma3launcher 

Edited by akatitan

What worked for me was just creating a new character profile. Have had to do it several times because every time I change something and restart the server, I will crash again while loading the mission file. Create a new profile and connect with no issues.

Advertisement

I have no clue why this works, but it seems too.  THx

1 person likes this

This works for me as well. I was having trouble with Altis all of a sudden, as soon as i would add something to the mission pbo i would start getting a couple different crash errors when loading the map but this fix definitely works. Thanks

2 people like this

This did work for me for a while but now the only way to get on my server is make a new profile every time.

I run it as an administrator and I crash every time I try to play Exile 0.9.8. Version 0.9.61 works fine.

Advertisement