p00pb00b

Base doors unlocked after restart?

Question

Posted (edited)

I'll start off by saying I hadn't actually touched my base for a day or two so several restarts had occurred.. and this occurred about 10-15 minutes after a restart

I went to upgrade my territory and discovered my flag had been stolen. I repurchased my stolen flag and drove to my base. Two of my three doors were unlocked, and could be opened and closed without inserting a pin, despite not touching it that restart. When I went to lock these doors I had to put in my pin to do so.

I'm just curious if this is a bug or if it's an intentional feature that I wasn't aware of, like someone unlocked my doors with a knife etc.

Thank you

Edited by p00pb00b

6 answers to this question

If someone stole your flag, your base will unlock after 2 days, (default), and be deleted after 3 days.

Maybe the intruders used ThermalScanners on your doors?

Advertisement

If someone stole your flag, your base will unlock after 2 days, (default), and be deleted after 3 days.

If this was the case wouldn't all 3 doors be unlocked? I placed the two door locks at the same time (one was unlocked, one was locked) and I placed the other one at a later server restart.

Maybe the intruders used ThermalScanners on your doors?

It's possible but wouldn't the doors relock on server restart? I arrived at my base 15 minutes after a restart which would probably give them a 12 minute window at maximum, if you include time to log in etc. Not to mention that the garage door that was unlocked is on the ground floor and the other door that was unlocked was on the second floor. The second floor was completely inaccessible from the ground floor and would have involved a very awkward landing on the roof to even access the door.

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

It's the database not being updated, same issue if I hard lock the gate in database the doors remain locked. 

Edited by jmayr2000

Locks of doors and containers are saved in the database. If you unlock something before server restart, it will still be unlocked after restart.

2 hours ago, Eichi said:

Locks of doors and containers are saved in the database. If you unlock something before server restart, it will still be unlocked after restart.

So far i've noticed that doors actually lock themselves over restarts however safes and cars don't, safes graphically appear locked but they do stay open.

Advertisement