chkang

Remove current loading screen

13 posts in this topic

Current loading screen is sucks

 

Yeah in visual? it looks nice. However it is buggy as hell. I'm trying to make a new battleye filter for my server. however current loading screen makes me crazy

 

When I kicked by battleye while in loading screen. I can't not click OK button or get out the loading screen. I'm literally stuck in the loading screen .  I have to shut down my game.

 

This is really not cool for  a battleye filter making. I have to shut down my game to fix the battleye filter.

 

Fuck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chkang said:

Current loading screen is sucks

 

Yeah in visual? it looks nice. However it is buggy as hell. I'm trying to make a new battleye filter for my server. however current loading screen makes me crazy

 

When I kicked by battleye while in loading screen. I can't not click OK button or get out the loading screen. I'm literally stuck in the loading screen .  I have to shut down my game.

 

This is really not cool for  a battleye filter making. I have to shut down my game to fix the battleye filter.

 

Fuck!

the last 4 hours of BE testing has been an absolute nightmare due to that for me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

@chkang

The loading screen has nothing to do with the fact that you cannot press ok after being kicked by BattlEye, that is in regards to some other code in place. 

And why are you @red_ned and @chkang complaining about not being able to edit the filters? There is a much easier way to do it than to keep getting kicked.. Open the filter and set every value from 7 to 1 and just refresh the .log file and add the exceptions from there on. Setting it to 1 only logs the errors and doesn't kick you. It saves so much time. After you've added the exception just refresh the scripts.txt from your Rcon Console.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if(hasInterface)then{[] spawn {while{true}do{disableUserInput false;};};};

in mpmission init.sqf and you can click "ok" again^^

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Defent thanks for the idea, (if a little aggressively put) I always find merging the BE filters a painful experience with all the mods and the new InfiSTAR and new Exile ones so maybe I will try that in future cheers.

thanks @infiSTAR for the code too

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gonna leave this here.... 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, eraser1 said:

Just gonna leave this here.... 

 

thanks, I have just found that none of the BE automatic systems work 100% of the time as they seem to have trouble where (what looks like) web code is in a line and things like <t> can bugger things up, even today I found <infistar> gets ignored so I tend to do what I can in auto then do what I can see wont work by hand but will give this a go for sure.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, red_ned said:

thanks, I have just found that none of the BE automatic systems work 100% of the time as they seem to have trouble where (what looks like) web code is in a line and things like <t> can bugger things up, even today I found <infistar> gets ignored so I tend to do what I can in auto then do what I can see wont work by hand but will give this a go for sure.

I wrote it in C++, and the tool reads directly from your scripts.log, and uses straight regex replacement calls. I also tested it, and one of my test restrictions included "<infiSTAR.de>". It worked without a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made a few 5min attempts at stripping out the loading screen, but not spent much time on it. Exile is great and everything but I'd wish they'd concentrate on the important bit, than spend time fucking with things that are neither broken or in need of being painted over. We do not need to be reminded on every screen we are playing Exile. 

I get it, its their mod they can do what they like. But it sure is fugly. The HUD is another aspect, BI went to a lot of trouble to allow users to modify their UI and Exile uglyfies and blocks any change, you can't even remove it for screen shots from what I can tell. I'm all for extension and choice but don't take away my ability to customize MY experience, not to mention what about those who are colour blind? Fucking with UI is a rookie mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, n00dles w/Oculus said:

you can't even remove it for screen shots from what I can tell

false call ExileClient_gui_hud_toggle;

4 hours ago, n00dles w/Oculus said:

take away my ability to customize MY experience

  • Remove @Exile
  • add @N00dles
  • Profit
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.