Long Beard

AI Drones

11 posts in this topic

Hey folks.

Anyone know of a mod / script so I can have AI Darter drones fly around?

It's more for our server RP than anything else.  I tried to edit the Exile occupation mod to have AI drones instead of helis but they just don't spawn.

Any pointers would be great.  Thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the ambient fly over that exile has built in? could you not change what is spawned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
1 hour ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

What about the ambient fly over that exile has built in? could you not change what is spawned?

Problem there is they fly over periodically and always seem to fly over the airport. I'm kinda looking for drones buzzing around the skies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2016 at 6:58 AM, Mr Health And Safety said:

What about the ambient fly over that exile has built in? could you not change what is spawned?

I was thinking of changing mine to the older prop planes instead of jets, where do I change the call on that? I have been looking through the PBOs, but can't find the actual file that's calling which planes are used.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, devilFaust said:

I was thinking of changing mine to the older prop planes instead of jets, where do I change the call on that? I have been looking through the PBOs, but can't find the actual file that's calling which planes are used.

 

Look in ExileServer_system_event_ambientFlyOver_start.sqf (@ExileServer\addons\exile_server\code)

change the plane class names to what you want. It will select one at random so you can have multiple choices

_planeClass = selectRandom 
[
	"B_Plane_CAS_01_F",
	"O_Plane_CAS_02_F",
	"I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F"
];

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect! You saved me a lot of digging.

I think the prop planes might be fun to add in.

Thanks again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2016 at 8:35 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I was going to suggest A3XAI. 

Yes that's what I was going to suggest. I have mine set with 4 UAVs and they will attack if they see you lol. It's fun and hard to shoot down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2016 at 10:06 AM, ProjectViper72 said:

Yes that's what I was going to suggest. I have mine set with 4 UAVs and they will attack if they see you lol. It's fun and hard to shoot down.

I had a look for this but it looks like it's not been supported for a while. Which version do you use and where to get it?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.