Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riddler251

Bashing my head in with Vanilla installation

Question

Ok, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong here. I am trying to just my server up and running with basic exile and I cannot get into the server. I am using a GTXGaming server, have done their installation of Exile and am just trying to get it to work with Exile and Altis only before I start screwing around with adding mods. However, I cannot even get that to work. I left all options default, I changed nothing, even left the .pbo file as is provided with Altis for Exile.

I start my server, it boots and I try to join. It will load up, download the mission file, and then where I should have spawn options I just get a black screen. I double checked the pbo and there are spawn points defined in the provided file. Any help would be appreciated, you can see my .pbo file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3b6567xh5h4p5l/Exile.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Note, when I was trying this with Namalsk I would get the same issue when I tried to connect; however, the Namalsk.pbo does not have spawnpoints defined so when I added them per another post I got other issues. For that one, My server would show up in the server list but have no Mission or Type defined in the server list. When I would trying to join, I got stuck on the "connecting..." screen prior to the mission download screen.

I am so confused right now why even a vanilla install of exile will not work.

5 answers to this question

Do you have access to the database?
if so, check the vehicles and containers tables to see if they include the column "money"

1 hour ago, MGTDB said:

Do you have access to the database?
if so, check the vehicles and containers tables to see if they include the column "money"

Yes, both tables include a money column and set to int(11)

Advertisement
12 hours ago, riddler251 said:

Yes, both tables include a money column and set to int(11)

Hi,

Sounds lil bit like this : 

You sure that youv got the right version of the database(sql) file?

Posted (edited)

Have you checked RPT & DB logs to see if you're getting any errors? My first guess was the 0.9.6 - 0.9.8 db upgrade error. But it sounds like you've already checked that.

Edited by brawnkoh

We solved it by completely abandoning GTXservers and going with a dedicated machine. It appears to have most definitely been the sql.

Advertisement