curtcooll

Updating exile server

Question

Is it possible to just update copy over files and be able to run my server or would I need to fresh install then add mods as I go, I did try to update last time but did not go to plan and didn't really work.

3 answers to this question

You have alot of edits on your server. Best bet is to wait until i get back and ill help you do it. Otherwise it will take a while adding it all back in. 

Or you can a fresh install with the latest files and then add everything back in one at a time

Posted (edited)

@Hell Raiser well at least before I could host server now all I get is no entry configworlds, I dunno how to make fresh install don't understand guide on this site this is how I done it before https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mkouo77efl8jm09/AABXuLeRxVR5ALpGY6_CZioZa/EXILE%20SERVER%20INSTALLATION%20GUIDE%20V0.9.6.pdf?dl=0 but this has gone now so I wouldn't have a clue where to bloody start why is this so crap, last time I upgraded server to new version 0.9.8 it worked but it just stuck on constant map loading now I'm getting some crappy oh no entry config worlds I google it and f all. should not be this complex to setup an update like wtf.

Edited by curtcooll

Do you still have the old @Exile client files? Just use that to join your server.

It will be alot of work to convert all the files you have to work with the new Exile. 

Advertisement