99SPARKY99

Help on increasing spawned vehicles

13 posts in this topic

I'm struggling to increase the amount of vehicle spawn in the altis arma 3 server

Please assist me on how to change that. because i've tried and then the server

doesn't want to start up

Change these settings:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // VEHICLE SPAWN CONFIGURATION
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

class VehicleSpawn
    {
        /**
        * Grid Size for vehicle spawning,
        * smaller the number more vehicles,
        * you get the point
        */
        vehiclesGridSize = 2200;

/**
        * Vehicle ammount per grid
        * kinda self explanitory
        */
        vehiclesGridAmount = 2;

/**
        * Creates global markers for vehicle spawn tweeking,
        * after you are satisfied with vehicle ammount and spread set this to 0.
        */
        vehiclesDebugMarkers = 0;

/**
        * The server will apply random damage up to this value when spawning a vehicle.
        */
        damageChance = 20; // 20% chance for a vehicle HITPOINT to be damaged
        maximumDamage = 0.9;

Change the vehiclesGridAmount to your liking. I have ours on 1 which gives us a good spread of vehicles across the map. The default is 2, so if that's not enough you're making it too easy then just increase it to 3

Advertisement

Sorry I'm a bumbling noob but you you please tell me exactly where to find this? I'm looking all over in the files and can't. Is it in mpmissions? Is it @exileserver? Where exactly lol.

Also if possible how do I add vehicles to the wild spawn list? Like adding a chopper or hunter, ect.

They are in @ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config.pbo, in the config.cpp file

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

They are in @ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config.pbo, in the config.cpp file

Now that's help.. Thank you!!

12 hours ago, ArchAngelOfDeath said:

Sorry I'm a bumbling noob but you you please tell me exactly where to find this? I'm looking all over in the files and can't. Is it in mpmissions? Is it @exileserver? Where exactly lol.

Also if possible how do I add vehicles to the wild spawn list? Like adding a chopper or hunter, ect.

in the same file look for the below and add your desired vehicle types into this section (you can get the correct class names from the config.cpp in the mission file open that file and search for class CfgExileArsenal - this is all the stuff the traders sell so you should see the names in there.

// Stuff to spawn on roads
        ground[] =
        {
            "Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Black",
            "Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Blue",
            "Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Red",
            "Exile_Car_Lada_Taxi",
            "Exile_Car_LandRover_Ambulance_Desert",
            "Exile_Car_Octavius_White"
        };

**MAKE SURE WHEN YOU EDIT THE ABOVE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE FORMAT - so , after each one apart from the last one :)

1 person likes this

I would advise against increasing the amount of vehicles above the stock settings as it will cripple your server performance.

3 hours ago, second_coming said:

I would advise against increasing the amount of vehicles above the stock settings as it will cripple your server performance.

Depends, if you have 1 player on your server it will not bother much :P

I removed all the quad bikes from my spawned vehicles and all of the crap vehicles so that people always find something decent. But at the same time, I give it a higher chance to have damage (something like a 90% chance of up to 50% damage).

I think you can also change the spawn zone vehicles in the same file as well. I use the SUVXL as my spawn zone vehicle (5 of them), as I hate having bikes dotted around everywhere!

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

I removed all the quad bikes from my spawned vehicles and all of the crap vehicles so that people always find something decent. But at the same time, I give it a higher chance to have damage (something like a 90% chance of up to 50% damage).

I think you can also change the spawn zone vehicles in the same file as well. I use the SUVXL as my spawn zone vehicle (5 of them), as I hate having bikes dotted around everywhere!

To,remove bikes I can just // in front of them correct? I want the bike pack/repack script but also want bikes removed from spawning.

Advertisement