William =D

Server Showcase Issues

6 posts in this topic

Was great moving over to this new forum setup!

Only thing I find hard and annoying is promoting your server, I understand this is no place to spam a thread and I agree with how you do not allow people to reply after, honestly it’s great,

One request I do ask is if there can be sub folders for territories, i.e., Europe, USA, Australia etc.

Being in Aus., EXILE is not widely known but only to ARMA enthusiasts, keeping an aussie server up and running with a low pop is not as cheap as it is in Europe or US so making it easier for people to know who you are and where you are I believe is a great tool in pushing this mod into more homes.

Obviously this will only affect people who are knew to the gaming community and are not part of one. Previous gaming communities are already established with a player count.

If a thumbs up within that post to show people like your thread is all that is allowed then I see positive things coming.

That’s my 2 cents,

Keep up the great work guys! 

At last count i see 100+ aus/nz exile servers up and running. The thing with AUS/NZ players is thy will only play on a server with 20+ people on it as all thy want to do is kill over people. I can under stand why aussies do this as thy were exiled to aussie lol. 

90% of people that play arma find servers from the arma server list  or places like http://arma3-servers.net/ 

You might be onto some thing with sub folders for us,eu and what not. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Cheers Goatboy, I do understand what you are saying, Wholst yes we are technically living proof of EXILE in real life, ARMA players are high here, its more about promoting the MOD locally (as our ping is either Asian or NZ based really)

Will look into the link you gave, cheers for that! 

Set your server/s up in the US as I have done in the past. Australians will then get a half decent ping, it'll be cheaper to run and you'll get Americans and Europeans joining your server. I usually use Los Angeles when I setup a server over there. I'm from the UK by the way ;)

Set your server/s up in the US as I have done in the past. Australians will then get a half decent ping, it'll be cheaper to run and you'll get Americans and Europeans joining your server. I usually use Los Angeles when I setup a server over there. I'm from the UK by the way ;)

Ah right, Well I am in Aus, the ping for us here because of our lovely internet speeds will be 300+, which deters a lot of people... the joys of being on an island with crap internet huh! 

Ah right, Well I am in Aus, the ping for us here because of our lovely internet speeds will be 300+, which deters a lot of people... the joys of being on an island with crap internet huh! 

Your ping to the US should be around 150ish as I have a good few Australian players on my servers and they ping around this..

Advertisement