Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riddler251

When I load my server, the objects are not exactly where the coords say

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I had posted this in the above serverside, but I haven;t gotten any response so I thought I would try here. You can see the above post for more details, but the long story short is this. When I copy my coords for my trade city into the initServer.sqf file and start my server, the various buildings and whatnot are not at the exact coords I specified. They tend to be slightly screwed which results in my placed buildings overlapping, signs not being seen, etc. I have tried every export method, I have copied my coords into other people's pbos and I get the same problem every time. I just don't know what to do, it makes it so I cannot build my own traders because the objects I place will not be where I specified when I load the server up.

edit: I attached one of the more gross images. In the editor, there is no gap there, they are flush.

20160708192904_1.jpg

Edited by riddler251
uploading image

Mod please close this, I fixed it by just over adjusting my objects to account for the shifting on the server.

Advertisement
On 7/12/2016 at 5:37 AM, riddler251 said:

Mod please close this, I fixed it by just over adjusting my objects to account for the shifting on the server.

How you did this if i can ask? i have similar problems

Did you download the Exile addon for the 3DEN editor? I had the same issue when using just the 3DEN editor mod, after I added the addon all objects are perfectly in position when using the Exile menu in the editor for exporting your initserver.sqf and initplayerlocal.sqf.

Basically, I had this issue prior to the exile editor. That being said, I have not converted my maps to it because it will require a complete redesign.

To fix the issue using the 3DEN editor, you have just just tweak and over adjust your buildings to account for the shift. What I would do is layout the structures as I wanted them to look. Then load up your server and see how much they have moved. Then go back into the editor, shift them in the opposite direction from the shift on the server for the same amount and try again. It takes a few tweaks, but you can get it to load right.

That being said, if you use the Exile released editor, it converts the placements to simple objects which removes this issue.

Advertisement