Timmay

Quick question about overrides

Question

Posted (edited)

I have used overrides as you guys allow us to for a while now. Recently I added a new one for the money capacity of safes (server owner wanted to give folks back their money after we wiped for the 0.9.8 update, meh). All is well but my question is this. When using an override on server restarts (or hangs, or anything) is there a possibility for the original script to run before an override does it's magic? We have a few special cases where folks are logging in to money missing from their safes not all, just 1 of a few safes and only a handful of folks, I see no reason for this in the override and since it isn't happening across the board, I am skeptical. Is there a chance that for a brief moment when a server comes up that it sees a value too high and nullifies the value to zero? Server is running perfect otherwise and this is one of the very few problems I have at the moment.

@Taylor Swift I figured as much, it was a long shot considering the intermittent and relatively rare event players are losing poptabs from their safes has been difficult to track down so I had to ask. Any chance the poptab safe capacity increase could cause it? My changes:

ExileClient_gui_inventory_updatePopTabControls:

_maximumCapacity = _maximumLoad * 80;

ExileServer_system_money_network_putMoneyRequest:

_maximumPoptabsLoad = _maximumLoad * 80;

Either way, thanks for your time.

Edited by Timmay

1 answer to this question

All functions are compiled when the server starts, the server runs a check to see if you have a cfgExileCustomCode Class for the function index it's compiling, if not it will use the default function, so in answer to your question. No, not really, you cannot use both.

1 person likes this

Advertisement