Avoh

Disable Base Destruction?

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has successfully, fully disabled base destruction.

Currently having an issue on my server where people are able to just use normal explosives from tanks, planes, rocket launchers, etc, to blow up base walls, including concrete.

27 minutes ago, Avoh said:

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has successfully, fully disabled base destruction.

Currently having an issue on my server where people are able to just use normal explosives from tanks, planes, rocket launchers, etc, to blow up base walls, including concrete.

What led you to believe they wouldn't be able too ?

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Goblin said:

What led you to believe they wouldn't be able too ?

Probably threads/posting like this:

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Posted (edited)

First , I am a server owner , and it is default Exile Config setting for this and I assure you , regular explosives work , they are just not accurate , so this new system is introduced to give accuracy , Ie , 3 specific types of charges for a given type of wall . Here is the explanation from the dev blog , where does it say Satchels won't work by themselves anymore , or "Only" Breaching Charges will work ?

"

Explosives

One of the more subtle yet significant changes is the way explosives will work. First of all, a new damage system has been introduced that no longer relies on the inherent Arma 3 damage system. Destroying base objects is now a purely scripted process that means it is more precise and exact – you know exactly what is required to blow each item and don’t have to worry about things like where you’re placing explosives – if it’s placed it will work! 

Also, to make things a little more straightforward, and again with escalation in mind, each building material will require its own type explosive (and number required) to destroy it. Each type of explosive will take a dedicated amount of time to set with more powerful ones taking longer! 

Wood objects will require three "Breaching Charge (Wood)" explosives to breach and each explosive will take three minutes to plant. 
Metal fortified objects will require three "Breaching Charge (Metal)"  to breach and each explosive will take five minutes to plant. 
Concrete objects will require three "Breaching Charge (Big Momma)" explosives to breach and each explosive will take seven minutes to plant. 

This ultimately means that base raiding requires some planning and effort – a bit of reconnaissance may be required to get an idea of the amount of explosives required, what types and where they could be placed! This should sort the men from the boys and also filter instances of trolling base attacks.

Sever admins will have control over how easy or difficult it is to get access to these explosives,  so ultimately the power in their hands to design and control a balanced environment. "

Edited by Goblin

8 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Here is the explanation from the dev blog , where does it say Satchels won't work by themselves anymore , or "Only" Breaching Charges will work ?

Nowhere and i never mentioned they did so, but regarding to the post i quoted above it's not really surprising ppl. assume, you can't longer blowup with standard explosives.

I think right now it's way more confusing then before, cuz defo something changed on the standard explosives - didn't had the time to check into detail yet.

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Here is the explanation from the dev blog , where does it say Satchels won't work by themselves anymore , or "Only" Breaching Charges will work ?

Right about here.

20 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Destroying base objects is now a purely scripted process that means it is more precise and exact – you know exactly what is required to blow each item and don’t have to worry about things like where you’re placing explosives – if it’s placed it will work! 

Edited by Mr Sin

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Mr Sin said:

Right about here.

That statement doesn't exclude the old usage of explosives but it defo implies it, more then less i think and that's really confusing and leading to misunderstandings imho.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Purely a scripted process implies it for sure.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Mr Sin said:

Purely a scripted process implies it for sure.

@Mr SinAs I said in your thread

No , it says it's more precise , and you don't have to worry how many to bring , it's always the same amount for a specific type of wall  , not that satchels etc won't work on their own anymore . 

Edit - Imo , The complaint / Argument was always how many satchels for this or that , why doesn't it always work - this is their answer .

If they wanted to exclude other types of damage they would clearly put it in the config . It's not that hard to make this type of damage exclusive , they haven't , so , I think too think otherwise is too Assume , and have players 'Think" they have protection , when they don't .

Edited by Goblin

I tested this the other day on my server, normal explosives seemed precise. However these concrete walls and doors were not glitched into anything what may make a differance.

RPG rockets (not HE....) around 10%-13% damage every time, 10 total for destruction.

3x Satchel charges (what you need to make the big mumma) done around 33%, the same as the big mumma without the 7 mins of waiting.

The only way I can see people using these new explosives are if native explosive dmg is turned off on base parts as you cant just turn these explosives off because they are part of the crafting items required and they are an important part of game play.

.... but then to be honest, I dont like the idea of 7 mins a wall/door anyway, would have to book a week off work to raid a big base. A time like 1 min each would have been better.

Advertisement