Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kobayashi

calling exile toast function to early crashing the game

4 posts in this topic

So I just got the latest infistar and I will randomly crash (not all the time) right after it starts toggling the functions last saved. My impression is the notifications you send to the screen of which functions are "active" after reading the toggles are causing the crash. I think it has something to do with the new toast not completely loaded on the client before you start sending messages to it. I'm doing this on my local dev copy. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. May need to make sure the toast stuff is loaded (checking the display) or adding more of a pause before displaying those messages.

I've had this problem before with my own code and dialogs, will crash the client. I don't have a copy of the rpt with a crash at the moment, but I'm 99% sure it's the notifications since when I do load normally those display, when it crashes it's right about the time those should be displaying. Also, the last lines of the RPT show what toggleable things are being loaded when the crash happens.

Hey

I will change it then but when you're saying you're 99% sure it is that I can tell you I am 99% sure something else crashes your game, I don't have any trouble like that at all :)

Advertisement

You are probably right actually, but making sure the dialog is loaded helps :)

I'm thinking it might be a battleye problem, and might be why people are reporting crashes all over the place. They released an update yesterday...at least the arma 3 launcher updated battleye when I went to play KOTH last night. I had a bunch of random crashing on my development stuff in April with A2, and it was fixed after a BE update, so maybe that's the case.

Thanks for taking the time to look :)

well yeah BE def often was a reason for crashes like that, you're right :)

Advertisement