Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riddler251

Arma 3 stock map markers

Question

Posted (edited)

So, I am finally almost done with my tanoa mission file and I need to setup the map markers. I know that you do this under markers and I can get the spawn points, safezones, and exile specific map markers. However, I am setting up several map markers from actual Arma 3, such as Helicopter or Objective markers. I cannot seem to find the code I need to use to place these in my mission.sqm. Would I place them under the class Markers or under the class CfgMarkers? this is code I pulled from the wiki.

class CfgMarkers 
{
	class Flag 
	{
		name = "Marker description";
		icon = "\ca\ui\data\markers\marker1.paa";
		color[] = {1, 0, 0, 1};
		size = 32;
		shadow = true;
		scope = private;
	};
};

I assume that if I use the above that I need to put in a coord somewhere also how do I determine the sub class? They use Flag in the example. Again, I have used 3 of the stock markers they are: "Pier", "Helicopter", and "Objective".

Note: I tried using the method described in the stickied guide, but when I copied my mission.sqm to add them if destroyed all my other configurations and changed the format into an unreadable format.

Edit: Just realize I posted this in the wrong place, can an admin move this please. I thought I was in the Traders & Safezones forum.

Edited by riddler251
needs moved

1 answer to this question

Mod please delete this post. I figured it out after reading through a few unrelated forum posts, the wiki, and some trial and error. I will prolly post a guide to doing this since the method on the forum is a bit wonky and incomplete. Really simple to do, but a pain if you don;t recognize the obvious steps.

Advertisement