Georgie

Esseker Loot Spawn

Question

Looking at the title, you're probably thinking. Use the search function!

I have looked EVERYWHERE for a fix to this, and I cannot find a working solution. Nothing seems to be appearing in the RPT and loot just will not spawn. No errors just no loot. I have modified my config.cpp and included CfgBuildings_Esseker.h

Still no luck

Anyone got ANY Solutions to this [Version 1.0.0 "Potato"]

Many thanks!

5 answers to this question

I was working with Mr Health and Safety on this exact issue.    He had a server that spawned loot fine.  Mine spawned no loot.  I sent him my @ExileServer and @Exile PBOs and they worked fine on his server.   So it's not likely to be something in those files.   We tried so many things and nothing worked.   I've given up on Esseker.  I've read so many threads both here and on the rest of the Internet overt the last several weeks.  I never found a single person - not one - ever - that had no loot spawn and then figured out how to fix it.

I was about to post the same as bob_the_k after reading your post but then realized he had posted lol.

I have tried everything i can think of to get loot spawning for others but just couldnt do it. Your best option is to pick another map if you are sure there is nothing wrong with your code

Advertisement

Hmm okay, does this mean it could be something down at OS Level perhaps? Or maybe in files you wouldn't think to typically look in?

I doubt it's OS as there has been 2 people, one with and one without loot both on the same OS.

It's not in @exileserve, @exile or Exile.esseker.pbo as I tried someone's files that was getting no loot and loot spawned fine on my server. I compared arma 3 config files but there was nothung different other then passwords/server names etc. Ithen got them to install the arma 3 server the same way I had but they still got no loot. I even went so far as to install a second a3 server the way they had installed it and compared the whole server install but again there was no difference in files.

I do suspect that the problem may be caused by something to do with the OS but not directly related to version. This is because of the error that people with no loot get in there RPT about not being able to resolve link (I think it was that. On mobile so can't check). Even running the server as administrator did not help.

What it is looking like to me is that the server recognizes that loot is supposed to spawn.  But it cannot find the reference to the object it is intending to spawn.  The messages are:

18:24:43 Object id 8902bf5b (1883) not found in slot 87,72
18:24:43 Link cannot be resolved

Object ID is how Arma references its objects. So its as if the system is looking up the Object ID and not finding it, therefore it cannot spawn the object.  There's also nothing wrong with the objects themselves because when I install Infistar, I can spawn objects just fine.  And this only applies to the Esseker map as far as I know.  Altis works fine.   I would think that if it were an O/S permission problem, loot spawning wouldn't work for Altis either.   The odd thing is that in going through all the threads, there's no consistency as to when or why it happens.  Given that we are all using the same files, I have no idea where to turn next.

1 person likes this

Advertisement