Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DominoDown

[No longer needed] Looking for Server Setup Help - $$$

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

WILLING TO PAY $$$.

I'm looking for a mature & experienced individual to help finishing the set up of my Exile Tanoa server with a list of mods and add-ons I'd like implemented in a timely manner.

I will pay via paypal 50% up front, 50% after completion.

Serious inquiries comment or message me and I will respond.

Thanks.

Edited by DominoDown

what do you do when ur mods need updating, server need maintenance, new mods need implemented? ur best learning all this urself if u plan to upkeep a server. most people on here will help you for free and steer you in the right direction. just getting a server set up is ok for a week or two. then you get issues you cant fix and pissed off players when ur servers down  .

Advertisement
6 hours ago, Major Khunt said:

what do you do when ur mods need updating, server need maintenance, new mods need implemented? ur best learning all this urself if u plan to upkeep a server. most people on here will help you for free and steer you in the right direction. just getting a server set up is ok for a week or two. then you get issues you cant fix and pissed off players when ur servers down  .

^All valid points 

To put it into perspective for you, literally a few days ago we had to upgrade to 0.9.8, then a few days later we had to update our servers to 1.0.0. It doesn't sound like much work, but it takes a lot of time to transfer files, fix issues, tweak configs, etc when there's an update.

There's several hosting companies out there with plug and play servers (Host Havoc is the only that I'm familiar with but there's many). However, these companies take time to set up the automated server setups of new exile updates, so you'll have a lot of downtime between Exile updates. The quicker you can push out an update, the more successful your server will be since a lot of servers take days-weeks to update.

Everyone here is pretty helpful, and you can almost always find the answer to your question using the search function. I'd definitely recommend taking the time to learn how to do everything yourself.

build a local server first, make all the changes on it and test, then upload to the live server when your happy, 

then you dont have to make the changes on your live server and have it down much at all.

Advertisement