ProjectViper72

Exile and Apex?

10 posts in this topic

Ok first off I want to say, GREAT JOB Devs, on 1.0.0 Potato. I have been really enjoying it on Altis, but I'm looking forward to try out the Tanoa Map. What I was wanting to know is, will Exile work with Tanoa but with Apex. I know anyone who tries to join the server will need Apex, but will Exile work along with the Apex expansion? The Devs work really hard to keep Exile going for people who doesn't have Apex, but I'm wanting to have a server to get the most out of Apex. I pay and run my servers mainly for myself, I'm not out to make them big or full all the time. I just love playing for the fun, and this is where it has brought me. Exile is a very fun experience for me, so if I can make it even more fun by using the Apex expansion to it's fullest, I want to do that. So if anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Ok it wil not work. They need Apex. Also when you put Apex objects in a diffrent map. The user need to have Apex pack. If not they cannot play on your server. 

Advertisement

Anyone who has Arma3 has the files for Apex vehicles, gear and weapons. What they don't have is the Tanoa map and map assets (building models etc)

What this means is that you can add Apex vehicles, gear and weapons to maps other than Tanoa and people without Apex will still be able to see them (as they can with the Heli/Kart and Marksman DLC)

21 minutes ago, second_coming said:

Anyone who has Arma3 has the files for Apex vehicles, gear and weapons. What they don't have is the Tanoa map and map assets (building models etc)

What this means is that you can add Apex vehicles, gear and weapons to maps other than Tanoa and people without Apex will still be able to see them (as they can with the Heli/Kart and Marksman DLC)

Ok i did a test and it didn't work. What are you doing that it works.

I just added the items to the traders, AI and loot spawn. 

Ok dit you test it then, If a player dont have Apex. Just asking. 

It's exactly like the Marksmen DLC. You can see the items on the ground/trader but you cannot equip them.

Ok so if I'm running the Tanoa Map and add Apex items to be bought at the traders, I can still use Exile? But anyone wanting to play on that server will need to have Apex? I guess the main question I was asking was if I can use the Exile Mod with Apex? I ask this because the Devs said the wanted to make sure the general public could use Exile so they just pulled some stuff from Apex to work as an Exile Item and not need Apex. But I want to use everything Apex has to offer.

49 minutes ago, ProjectViper72 said:

Ok so if I'm running the Tanoa Map and add Apex items to be bought at the traders, I can still use Exile? But anyone wanting to play on that server will need to have Apex? I guess the main question I was asking was if I can use the Exile Mod with Apex? I ask this because the Devs said the wanted to make sure the general public could use Exile so they just pulled some stuff from Apex to work as an Exile Item and not need Apex. But I want to use everything Apex has to offer.

Yes.

1 person likes this

Advertisement