Stuwey95

Respawns Disappeared when updating a mission file

Question

Posted (edited)

Right, so I'm having a bit of a problem here.

Currently running Exile on Potato, latest version of Arma 3 and on Altis.

I've recently made three military compounds on the map, 1 on the opposite side of the road to Pyrgos military base, one on the AAF airfield in the center of the map, and one to the west on Kavala's Pier.

I have downloaded the working mission file from my server and have opened it in the editor. After adding the bases, I tried to join my server once I repacked it all and uploaded it, this is where I ran into my first problem, 0/0 players, or just 0 players shown, regardless of the fact that the server has 30 slots in its config files.

So, after some playing around, I decided to put down playable slots, but I made them "Exile Player Slot" and it works fine now, people can join and their gear etc is saved as usual.

So I thought I was done, bases were in, everything was going great, right up until I died.. When we respawn, it skips the respawn screen where we pick a spawn point and randomly parachutes us from the sky, sometimes  north east near the salt lakes, sometimes on the south of the island, its random. They're not spawning anywhere near the playable slots I mentioned above, and I haven't changed anything other than adding the bases and player slots.

I made the mission in Arma's 3D editor, Eden.

Can someone please tell me what's going on? I can't find ANYTHING to do with respawns or player start in my mission.sqm, nor can I find anything to do with those in the .sqf files. The bases were made using Tanoa objects and Exile WAS enabled, I even used some of the exile floorings as a roof to my shoot house. :P

Anyone got any idea's?

PS - Sorry if this is in the wrong person or I've missed something obvious, I'm new to coding and whatnot (kinda winging it to be honest) and I've had another 2 people help me look who have knowledge of this but they're not finding anything either.

Thanks,

Stuart

Edited by Stuwey95

14 answers to this question

initserver.sqf is where all the building parts go. Use the Exile 3DEN plugin and it will be a lot easier as you can export it in the format that its needed in

1 person likes this

Can you post your mission.sqm please

Im guessing you have tried to add stuff to your mission.sqm that should be in initserver.sqf. When you do map edits you need to open the editor and work on a blank map to start with. You dont load the mission.sqm that comes with exile.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Hey man,

thanks for getting back to me! I can't open the mission.sqm no idea why but it opens encrypted, even if I use Notepad++. I'll get a friend to copy the mission file and post it here when he's free.

Stuart

it sounds like when you saved it you had binary selected. open the mission in eden editor again and "save as" then make sure its unticked

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

it sounds like when you saved it you had binary selected. open the mission in eden editor again and "save as" then make sure its unticked

That's right mate, binary was enabled, I'll disable it now and get back to you.

Stuart

Every time I try to paste my mission.sqm code here, its freezing up my page and nothings happening when it unfreezes.

I'll provide a download link if you're OK with trying that option, I'm guessing the paste option isn't working because I have 18,422 lines of code.. :/ They're all positions of the objects etc I placed when making the mission I guess..

Give pastebin a try. I get crashes on here sometimes due to amount of data but pastbin seems to work ok

Yeah you have loads in there that is not needed for the mission file. To give you an idea, my mission.sqm is 1817 lines long.

What you need to do is revert back to what the mission file was like before you added extra stuff to it (if you are running Altis it might be easier to get another copy of the file by downloading the server files again)

Then to add extra stuff to your server, open eden editor and work on a blank scenario. Its much easier if you use the Exile 3den plugin as you can export the date in a format where you just copy and paste into a sqf file.

Posted (edited)

Okay so I've reverted back, I always keep backups when I change stuff.

So what I need to do, is delete what I have done so far, open the 3d editor ingame, remake the bases and copy the code from the new mission.sqm into a my SQF?

Which .sqf would I be putting it into? I have four of them within my PBO; init.sqf, initPlayerLocal.sqf, initserver.sqf and intro.sqf.

Thanks

Stuart

Edited by Stuwey95

Advertisement