• 0
Georgie

Trader not spawning

Question

Hi. I was recently installing some new custom traders for tanoa. Now the way the traders are implemented at the moment is using the new EDEN Editor plugin and it's a bit harder to understand than the old way. I replaced that code with the old one, so it now looks like this:

 

/**
 * Created with Exile Mod 3DEN Plugin
 * www.exilemod.com
 */

if (!hasInterface || isServer) exitWith {};

[
    "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations",
    "GreekHead_A3_06",
    ["Acts_Kore_IdleNoWeapon_loop"],
    [4214.66,8196.8,0.00278187],
    32.623
]
call ExileClient_object_trader_create;

 

However, it doesn't work.

I also tried it this way, but the trader just doesn't appear where he was on the 3D Editor.

["Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations", ["Acts_InjuredLookingRifle01","Acts_InjuredLookingRifle02","Acts_InjuredLookingRifle03","Acts_InjuredLookingRifle04","Acts_InjuredLookingRifle05"], "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations", "WhiteHead_08", [["srifle_DMR_07_ghex_F","","","optic_DMS_ghex_F",["20Rnd_650x39_Cased_Mag_F",20],[],""],[],[],["U_O_T_Soldier_F",[["20Rnd_650x39_Cased_Mag_F",20,3]]],["V_HarnessO_ghex_F",[]],["B_FieldPack_ghex_F",[]],"","",[],["","","","","",""]], [4214.66,8196.8,0.00278187], [-0.788744, -0.614722, 0], [0, 0, 1]]

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

  • 0

The old code is slightly wrong unless they have changed it for 1.0.0.

In 0.9.8 this is the correct code

    _trader = 
    [
        "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations",
        "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations",
        "AfricanHead_02",
        ["HubStanding_idle1", "HubStanding_idle2", "HubStanding_idle3"],
        [4021.73,9220.57,0.00146484],
        281.742
    ]
    call ExileClient_object_trader_create;

Keep the "if (!hasInterface || isServer) exitWith {};" at the start of the file as thats correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

The old code is slightly wrong unless they have changed it for 1.0.0.

In 0.9.8 this is the correct code


    _trader = 
    [
        "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations",
        "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations",
        "AfricanHead_02",
        ["HubStanding_idle1", "HubStanding_idle2", "HubStanding_idle3"],
        [4021.73,9220.57,0.00146484],
        281.742
    ]
    call ExileClient_object_trader_create;

Keep the "if (!hasInterface || isServer) exitWith {};" at the start of the file as thats correct.

Still no luck, the new Tanoa mission PBO has a different way of putting the traders in, any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 0
46 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Still no luck, the new Tanoa mission PBO has a different way of putting the traders in, any idea?

Yeah thats done with the as yet unreleased eden plugin.

I have not done it yet (will be doing it some point over weekend i think) but you need to look at the file and work out what each bit means and change it to what your after. 

knowing my luck the plugin will be released the day im finished doing my traders lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

Yeah thats done with the as yet unreleased eden plugin.

I have not done it yet (will be doing it some point over weekend i think) but you need to look at the file and work out what each bit means and change it to what your after. 

knowing my luck the plugin will be released the day im finished doing my traders lol

Yeah I actually did modify it, the bottom code block shows my custom way of working with new traders. However the trader just wont spawn - It can't be his location as I got it from the M3Editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Have you checked to make sure your using the correct format (ATL or ASL) as if you use the wrong one your trader will either be underground or really high in the sky.

Comparing your position to a random one from default Tanoa initPlayerLocal.sqf i would say your position is ATL where it should be ASL.

4021.73,9220.57,0.00146484 < Yours
11666.9,4078.86,165.219 < Default Tanoa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

Have you checked to make sure your using the correct format (ATL or ASL) as if you use the wrong one your trader will either be underground or really high in the sky.

Comparing your position to a random one from default Tanoa initPlayerLocal.sqf i would say your position is ATL where it should be ASL.


4021.73,9220.57,0.00146484 < Yours
11666.9,4078.86,165.219 < Default Tanoa

 

Thanks, didn't notice that - I'll take a look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.