QGS

Looking for someone to code a PBO Extractor - Paid Work

16 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Looking for someone who can code a PBO Extractor which runs from the commandline, also has some other pretty specific requirements. Please PM me if you are capable of doing this.

Advertisement

CPBO has some pretty good command line functionality - Not sure what the other things you mentioned are so that's all I can suggest.

2 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

CPBO has some pretty good command line functionality - Not sure what the other things you mentioned are so that's all I can suggest.

I need a system which will auto detect the PBO and extract it, also if something goes wrong to just quit itself. CPBO doesn't do the latter and hangs, causing our system major issues. Hence needing one coded.

50 minutes ago, QGS said:

I need a system which will auto detect the PBO and extract it, also if something goes wrong to just quit itself. CPBO doesn't do the latter and hangs, causing our system major issues. Hence needing one coded.

Ah, I see..

3 hours ago, QGS said:

So basically something like a normal PBO extractor which can be run from the command line. You just feed it a directory parameter and it searches that directory for PBO files which are all extracted?

21 minutes ago, Nathan said:

So basically something like a normal PBO extractor which can be run from the command line. You just feed it a directory parameter and it searches that directory for PBO files which are all extracted?

Well, just the last modified PBO. (So the newest).

Or if you want to get really clever, read the config file (Can provide the path) and read the mission name off that. This is purely for extracting mission files. 

If it's purely for mission files - why not just leave your mission file in folder format instead of making it a pbo?

The missions inside of the mpmissions folder do not need to be in pbo format to be used. For example, I have a few servers running a mission file that is not in a pbo format, they are just in folders such as Exile.Tanoa or whatever.

2 hours ago, wasti said:

If it's purely for mission files - why not just leave your mission file in folder format instead of making it a pbo?

The missions inside of the mpmissions folder do not need to be in pbo format to be used. For example, I have a few servers running a mission file that is not in a pbo format, they are just in folders such as Exile.Tanoa or whatever.

No No No No No No

4 people like this

Advertisement