Pustekuchen

Should vehicles be lockable at all times?

Should vehicles be lockable at all times?   746 members have voted

1. 1. Should vehicles be lockable at all times?

• Unlocked vehicles are NOT lockable anymore if they exceed a certain level of damage.
    • Lockable at all times.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

I highly doubt that you guys got the idea. It's not about keys, lock picks or anything else! It'll change the way people will approach a firefight.

No more "Quick lock and run away" action.... people have to think twice - either kill and defend the vehicle/loot or die trying or to flee...

It's only about more depth in combat. It's NOT about stealing LOCKED vehicles!!

If somebody kills the vehicle the loot would be also gone if i am not totally wrong? So either somebody is willing to take care about or not. Of course your suggestion will force people to fight harder for it. Thats true :)

Advertisement

Its not about destroying a vehicle - but if the tires are shot or the window is broken youre simply not able to lock it - kill the enemy, get some duct tape if you dont have it already and lock it or drive off. Or you die while trying whick gives other inmates the opportunity to get the actual loot - not just the gear from the body. 

We're talking about vehicles.... not rolling bunkers. Let's keep it real...

1 person likes this

What if a vehicle was locked when it was damaged? Does it then unlock, or stay locked?

If you break the locking system on your car in real life, can you lock it still... there's your answer ;)

This is true, but if you drove over a wall and destroyed your wheels you could still lock it and that would still count as damage to the vehicle which would, in theory, prevent you from locking it. And lets be fair, there are only a few default exile vehicles which will get over a wall without losing it's wheels

2 people like this

You cant unlock cars by shooting at it. Locked vehicles in a base stay locked!

+ if you drive over a fence, repair it with duct tape. Usually if youre running over a fence and youre NOT in a firefight - it's all good! If you're in a firefight - learn how to drive or die I guess.

I just want to make sure you guys truly understand what we're talking about because it seems like you just don't!!

Edit: Default vehicles of Exile will change. Still - just don't run over fences - you won't do that in reallife too.

Edited by Pustekuchen

It doesn't really matter, you can kill the driver and steal the vehicle, if you are good you can kill him before he locks the car. 
But why not implementing a really rare lootable but not buyable item, the lock pick :) 

It doesn't really matter, you can kill the driver and steal the vehicle, if you are good you can kill him before he locks the car. 
But why not implementing a really rare lootable but not buyable item, the lock pick :) 

Its already on the list...

I think that you should be able to lock your vehicle while you are in it, it would help in safe zones, while landing or taking off helis

I personally dont want something like that on my server. I see it being more of an issue for those not good at PVP. Also if you run AI and an AI damages your vehicle while you are off looking for duct tape someone else steals it.  Just too many issues to be seen in it.

The same time other servers want it then make it something that can be disabled rather than all or nothing.

+1. Exactly why I think something like I listed earlier would be better. Mine Detector code hack tool!! When you have a group of 2+ taking on 1 person in a car the odds become effed for the lone player. The little guy that is just trying to get by is already at a disadvantage but now you are giving groups exclusive access to lone players'  loot/vehicles just by having to shoot a couple shots. 

2 people like this

I personally dont want something like that on my server. I see it being more of an issue for those not good at PVP. Also if you run AI and an AI damages your vehicle while you are off looking for duct tape someone else steals it.  Just too many issues to be seen in it.

The same time other servers want it then make it something that can be disabled rather than all or nothing.

Well if your are not good at pvp should those who a good not win over you? 

I would like this, removes the easy factor from the game and encourage pvp 

plus groups should have an average over wolfs, that's just life 

1 person likes this

Advertisement