Pustekuchen

Should vehicles be lockable at all times?

Should vehicles be lockable at all times?   756 members have voted

1. 1. Should vehicles be lockable at all times?

• Unlocked vehicles are NOT lockable anymore if they exceed a certain level of damage.
    • Lockable at all times.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

Without reading the thread again: The idea came up that you can't lock your vehicle while in combat. I like that

Bringing back keys for vehicles would eliminate the issue. 

Keys for vehicles worked perfectly in the past I don't understand why they are not being used other than it's simpler to code pin locks with less database.

As for the inevitable "keys lost or deleted from database" I never had a single issue with missing keys or keys being deleted. 

Edited by Stoob
1 person likes this

Advertisement

Bringing back keys for vehicles would eliminate the issue. 

Keys for vehicles worked perfectly in the past I don't understand why they are not being used other than it's simpler to code pin locks with less database.

As for the inevitable "keys lost or deleted from database" I never had a single issue with missing keys or keys being deleted. 

Keys are an admin nightmare, plus they suck for bigger clans,

1 person likes this

Just make it so that if you lock a vehicle you "keep the lock number" on your Tablet-thing for "x" minutes 

x= 15 min but can be changed by an admin. No real nightmare for admins and if you kill someone in the time you can check his body and get the number for his vehicle.

1 person likes this

Just make it so that if you lock a vehicle you "keep the lock number" on your Tablet-thing for "x" minutes 

x= 15 min but can be changed by an admin. No real nightmare for admins and if you kill someone in the time you can check his body and get the number for his vehicle.

THIS

un-able to lock ANYTHING whilst in combat, :D 

But player health has to be buffed a little its much harder to kill an AI compared to a player :/

do this and this system will work beautifully.

NO keys, no no no no no!!! Just no had enough of hearing admin i lost my key WAA WAA WAA!!! 

No interrogation of dead body/XM8 as if you find out the pin code for a players vehicle the likelihood is that the players base doors/Vaults would be the same, causing that player than to either abandon the server or grief an admin/ server owner :/

1 person likes this

Why not just put in a lock-pick kit with a percentage probability of successfully picking the lock.

The only thing I would suggest that once the lock is picked by a player then THAT player who picked the lock cannot lock it.  They can use it but they cannot lock/secure it as it was unlocked and remains in that state like a vehicle that spawns.

Make the lock pick kits rare spawns and have a heavy cost to purchase if available at a trader so not everyone is running around with 5 in their inventory.

Could also be an item at a black market trader if the mod decides to make a separate trader with special items at higher costs.

Edited by Brez

I think it would be cool if you cant lock your vehicle while in combat + have an item to pick the lock, it really sux whenn u raid someone and cant do anything with the vehicles... the lock pick could be a rare spawn + super expensive item in the shop. 

To use the lock pick the player would need to stand stilll next to the driver/pilot door for about 5min and have 25% chance of success, if it fails, the lock pick is consumed.

I voted locked all time.

However I would vote for keys instead of padlocks for cars, its more fun to have something physical on you can keep spare at ur base; but more importantly when you in fight with rival clan and click them all its just that much more sweet when you loot their body take their key and steal their valuable vehicle, I remember how great it was in other mod in arma 2, where I got picked on by a clan and I killed them one by one and on top got a free vehicle; those are the highs of gaming!! bring that to Arma 3!

Other ideas... Convert the A3 mine detector into a pin code hacking tool with a super low percent chance of success and a higher chance of player taking damage and being temporarily incapacitated if hack fails.

LOL ! What kind of company would make a device that has a tiny percentage chance of working AND it incapacitates it's operator ?? Lawsuit city !

And what kind of dipsh*t would use it ??

Advertisement