Metalman10

Player Freeze Bug

Question

Hello.

So iv been having a issue on my server that happens every so often, and its like some players will freeze up and not be able to move or look around. But they can still hit esc and disconnect or commit suicide.. Not sure whats causing this but if anyone else has seen this bug post here!

1 person likes this

20 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Same here!

I have not found any reason as to why it freezes, it just does sometimes. You can still talk in side, you can still fire your weapon and escape and suicide (which incidentally fixes it) or relog (which also fixes it). I was thinking it might be connected to the "no third person while in combat"-script I was using, are you using that @Metalman10 ?

Edited by Tobias Solem
1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

Same here!

I have not found any reason as to why it freezes, it just does sometimes. You can still talk in side, you can still fire your weapon and escape and suicide (which incidentally fixes it) or relog (which also fixes it). I was thinking it might be connected to the "no third person while in combat"-script I was using, are you using that @Metalman10 ?

We are seeing this as well with random groups. One entire group will freeze and be the only ones affected. 

Advertisement

Just a silly thought, I guess we all use DMS, DMS has an option to freeze AI when players aren't nearby, could it be that thing somehow affecting players?

Posted (edited)

On 7/28/2016 at 7:36 AM, Tobias Solem said:

Just a silly thought, I guess we all use DMS, DMS has an option to freeze AI when players aren't nearby, could it be that thing somehow affecting players?

If you want to test that theory, in fn_FreezeToggle.sqf in DMS, change the section:

if (_freeze) then
{
    {
        _x enableSimulationGlobal false;
        (vehicle _x) enableSimulationGlobal false;
    } forEach (units _group);
    _group setVariable ["DMS_isGroupFrozen",true];
    DMS_FrozenAIGroups pushBack _group;
}

to this:

_i = 0;
if (_freeze) then
{
	{
		if (!(isPlayer _x)) then {
			_x enableSimulationGlobal false;
			(vehicle _x) enableSimulationGlobal false;
			_i = _i + 1;
		};
	} forEach (units _group);
	if (_i > 0) then {
		_group setVariable ["DMS_isGroupFrozen",true];
		DMS_FrozenAIGroups pushBack _group;
	} else {
		_group setVariable ["DMS_isGroupFrozen",false];
	};
}

If the players still freeze, it's probably not DMS.

Edited by Kobayashi

Posted (edited)

+1

Random reports of this happening to players on one of our servers as well. Both our exile servers are running DMS with freeze ai turned on.

Maybe easier to test by turning it off in DMS config. I can't help with testing I'm afraid as am holiday.. 

Edited by BaroN

I did actually encounter this issue at one point, and did hear about it from other players.

It does seem to have a relationship with DMS. At this point, it's possible that the freeze manager can be "tricked" if the group/party leader is dead, making DMS think that it is an AI group, but I never got around to testing it (read: forgot :P )

It seems it could also be an arma-ism" because I do recall it seems to happen when stuff gets deleted, but that could just be an occasional coincidence.

If somebody has infistar, can you please go into a test server (alone) and see if the symptoms are replicated with the following code?

[] spawn

{

_player = allPlayers select 0;

_player enableSimulationGlobal false;

sleep 5;

_player enablenableSimulationGlobal false;

};

Put that in server exec, and if you're the only player on the server, you should be frozen for 5 seconds. (Code typed on mobile, execute with caution :D )

Hey guys does the changes in the   fn_FreezeToggle.sqf  posted above help for the players freezing?

I tested the code @eraser1 but now realize you might have meant it as a joke but yeah it simulates the affect.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, eraser1 said:

If somebody has infistar, can you please go into a test server (alone) and see if the symptoms are replicated with the following code?

[] spawn

{

_player = allPlayers select 0;

_player enableSimulationGlobal false;

sleep 5;

_player enablenableSimulationGlobal false;

};

I executed it and i was frozen (but more then 5 sec - it was a unlimited freeze), looked exactly like the thing occuring randomly on the server.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

38 minutes ago, Zippo907 said:

Hey guys does the changes in the   fn_FreezeToggle.sqf  posted above help for the players freezing?

I tested the code @eraser1 but now realize you might have meant it as a joke but yeah it simulates the affect.

It wasn't a joke? It was to test a theory... Did you read the whole thing lol

37 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

I executed it and i was frozen (but more then 5 sec - it was a unlimited freeze), looked exactly like the thing occuring randomly on the server.

Same here 

We experience the same problem every now and again. Hoping for a easy solution :P

51 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

and same here too.

Advertisement