Xiraen

Loading map...

Question

Hello. I were installing a Exile, Ryanszombies and Ares. I chose them already from [X] Mods tickbox and it seems that everything loaded up correctly since I see the plugin icons there with their names, but when I try to create a server for myself in Zeus mode from server list using a Host a game thingy the server stays on Loading Map... screen and nothing happens. I'm new for this all so can I have some help please? :)

4 answers to this question

This is because the way you are trying to do it is for hosting missions, not dedicated server packages. Exile has server side code and requires a database. The only way you will get it to work is how i said before unfortunatly

1 person likes this

If you are wanting to host a server locally for your self you need to install the Arma 3 dedicated server package from steam and  a database. Its not as simple as hosting a game via arma 3

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Hosting is not the main thingy. I would like to play/practice in Zeus mode as a local/LAN mode, but it won't let me launch the "LAN server" if Exile is turned on from mods. It just says "Loading Map..." and won't let me select a group to play at (Game Master etc etc) because the game says only "Loading Map". Works fine without Exile.

Edit: PS. I'm trying to run lan server straight from the game "Host game" or something in server list.

Edited by Xiraen

13 minutes ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

This is because the way you are trying to do it is for hosting missions, not dedicated server packages. Exile has server side code and requires a database. The only way you will get it to work is how i said before unfortunatly

Well this explains everything. Thank you for this information. Been doing stuff for a long time with a steamcmd. Gotta install the Dedicated Server files then.

Advertisement