Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oph

Moving containers broken since 1.0.0

Question

Hello fellow exiled,

since the most recent Exile Update, whenever a player "moves" a container, like a safe, or tries to build a new one, it doesn't get saved in the database so naturally it despawns on the next server restart. It also can't be locked or opened or anything. The rpt-log shows no errors when moving or placing a container and i happens with exile-containers as well as Extended base Mod containers.

Maybe one of you has seen this before or might know why it is happening?

thanks in advance :D,

Oph

10 answers to this question

Search for class Container in config.cpp and change that block to

class Container 
	{
		targetType = 2;
		target = "Exile_Container_Abstract";
		class Actions 
		{
			class Pack 
			{
				title = "Pack";
				condition = "!((typeOf ExileClientInteractionObject) isEqualTo 'Exile_Container_SupplyBox')";
				action = "_this spawn ExileClient_object_container_pack";
			};
			//broken in Exile 1.0
			/*class Move: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Move";
				condition = "(getNumber(configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> typeOf ExileClientInteractionObject >> 'exileIsLockable') isEqualTo 0) || ((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileIsLocked',1]) isEqualTo 0)";
				action = "_this spawn ExileClient_object_construction_move";
			};*/
		};
	};

1 person likes this

Was the server updated with the newest SQL code when it was updated to 0.9.8? Was the exile.ini file replaced at the same time?

Advertisement

Yes. Upon 0.9.8 i completely redid the database. And the Exile.ini was updated with 1.0.0 . But just to be sure i'll update it again ^^

5 hours ago, Oph said:

Thanks, that did it =)

What was your fix?

Posted (edited)

On 18.7.2016 at 4:14 PM, MGTDB said:

Search for class Container in config.cpp and change that block to

class Container 
	{
		targetType = 2;
		target = "Exile_Container_Abstract";
		class Actions 
		{
			class Pack 
			{
				title = "Pack";
				condition = "!((typeOf ExileClientInteractionObject) isEqualTo 'Exile_Container_SupplyBox')";
				action = "_this spawn ExileClient_object_container_pack";
			};
			//broken in Exile 1.0
			/*class Move: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Move";
				condition = "(getNumber(configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> typeOf ExileClientInteractionObject >> 'exileIsLockable') isEqualTo 0) || ((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileIsLocked',1]) isEqualTo 0)";
				action = "_this spawn ExileClient_object_construction_move";
			};*/
		};
	};

This one.

Well it's not really a fix, but players aren't able to move containers anymore and new ones are correctly saved in the database.

Edited by Oph

On 7/18/2016 at 4:46 AM, Oph said:

since the most recent Exile Update, whenever a player "moves" a container, like a safe, or tries to build a new one, it doesn't get saved in the database so naturally it despawns on the next server restart. It also can't be locked or opened or anything. The rpt-log shows no errors when moving or placing a container and i happens with exile-containers as well as Extended base Mod containers.

I just double checked and safes and wooden crates save just fine. You can move them and they are still there after a restart. If they aren't saving for you, then I'd assume maybe you are overwriting the function that saves containers with an old version or maybe you just broke it with custom scripting.

Question,

Fresh installed Exile with all the correct SQL files and such...

We are having this issue without using that temp fix above, Curious on how it's working for you Zed?

Posted (edited)

On 7/30/2016 at 11:16 PM, C][G GhostTown™ said:

Question,

Fresh installed Exile with all the correct SQL files and such...

We are having this issue without using that temp fix above, Curious on how it's working for you Zed?

Moving storage works fine for me. No problems. I didn't have to apply any fix because this isn't a bug with vanilla Exile. If anyone is having this issue it's most likely the result of custom coding gone bad. 

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Moving storage works fine for me. No problems. I didn't have to apply any fix because this isn't a bug with vanilla Exile. If anyone is having this issue it's most likely the result of custom coding gone bad. 

Your correct on this, It was a coding issue and figured it out shortly after replying here :)

Forgot to correct my reply haha! Thanks for the reply

Advertisement