Xiraen

How do you basically install the Exile without using server repacks?

Question

Posted (edited)

I started to install fresh new install without server-packages during the reason that I were stuck in Loading Map... screen without freezing. It just didn't go forward to select my team to play in.

I have installed MySQL server and imported the .SQL file already. I know a lot of those, because I script PHP a lot, but I have some questions related to ExileMod installation.

1. I used SteamCMD to download "Arma 3 Server" files that are located in "mySteamCmdFolder\steamapps\Arma 3 Server"
  2. I copied @ExileServer, battleye, keys, mpmissions, LICENSE, tbbmalloc.dll directly from @ExileServer-1.0.0.zip to "Arma 3 Server" folder.
  3. I copied also client side mod @Exile folder from @Exile-1.0.0.zip (without corrupted file error(s)) to "Arma 3 Server" folder.
  4. I configured the config.cfg, basic.cfg and extdb-conf file for my needs. Nothing more than necessaries like: RCON password, server command password and authentication information for MySQL.
  5. I didn't found original (1.0.0) start.bat commands anywhere so I tried to modify start.bat from the ExileMod's server-package GitHub.

Now my custom Arma.bat looks:

arma3server.exe -noSound -autoinit -ip=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 "-config=D:\ArmaServer\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-cfg=D:\ArmaServer\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg" -name=instance "-mod=@Exile" "-serverMod=@ExileServer" -logs

The server console looks this:

6b1e6c5dfbd9a679dc251dffc6285365.png

Server looks like this in client (had to take screenshot using windowed mode, because I use Gyazo to catch screenshot):

ExileMod is green and I have installed it on client-side too.

cd9bd9941b72ad0e41d82bc72a64f03c.png

I'm trying to connect, but I'm still on Connecting... screen.

8dd68fefb11e8f6aac21c0531fe801ae.png

What should I do? I'm trying to play on LAN. I don't care about Internet yet, because I want at least success with it on LAN. There's no chance to host it on internet if I cannot even connect to server on LAN. Portforward doesn't affect on this, because with server-package downloaded from guide I can pass the connection part to Loading Map screen where it stucks next. When I connect to server as host it doesn't make sense with portforwarding. That's something I already know, because I've been running around with other servers. In example a Rust server works fine on internet too and I'm able to connect there. What I'm missing? Any better start bat? I do not prefer to use repacks. I want be able to use ExileMod without repacks, because it's more smart to know how to install it without waiting any repacks.

Edit: Now I tried to ensure that the problem is not escaped_strings and renamed "Arma 3 Server" => "Arma3Server" and changed Arma.bat to look like this with full path to mods:

arma3server.exe -noSound -autoinit -ip=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 "-config=D:\ArmaServer\steamapps\common\Arma3Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-cfg=D:\ArmaServer\steamapps\common\Arma3Server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg" -name=instance "-mod=D:\ArmaServer\steamapps\common\Arma3Server\@Exile" "-serverMod=D:\ArmaServer\steamapps\common\Arma3Server\@ExileServer" -logs

Edited by Xiraen

6 answers to this question

I remember having to specify the malloc in the start parameters to connect to DB ccorrectly but you might be a differect situation. try reading through the rpt logs for more info.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, yukihito23 said:

I remember having to specify the malloc in the start parameters to connect to DB ccorrectly but you might be a differect situation. try reading through the rpt logs for more info.

The difference I found between repack and this that (my current (this one)) doesn't provide me a .rpt logs. How do I enable these?

PS. My steam was gone offline when I used steamcmd so I logged in again and started the server. Now it says that I don't have that Tanoa purchased. Gotta change map and try again.

Edit num #2: Steam fixed the connecting... issue, but changing map to Altis I get following error:

05a9737c597f4dcf9c16a52190102611.png

Edit num #3: The second try.

da9d96cf8e3bad21041fe32cef569a34.png

I have 16GB RAM and i7 with MSi GTX970 Gaming 4G if you're going to ask some specs.

Edited by Xiraen

Advertisement

rpt logs arent specific to exile so go google it.

as for memory error. I get that sometimes as well but it seems to clear up after a few tries. still reading in to it myself to understand.

what i was saying about malloc is, add parameter in your bat that specifies the malloc you installed when you added your exile server.

1 hour ago, yukihito23 said:

rpt logs arent specific to exile so go google it.

as for memory error. I get that sometimes as well but it seems to clear up after a few tries. still reading in to it myself to understand.

what i was saying about malloc is, add parameter in your bat that specifies the malloc you installed when you added your exile server.

Added -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi.dll, not sure do I have to include the .dll end of the param as extension for the file. Tried with path too, but didn't got it work. Still same issues. I do not mean this to be offensive, but I don't understand why Exile cannot offer a "auto-installer" like that the files and required DLL files are included with the download etc instead of downloading everything from ten different mirrors. I think that the setting up a server with Exile would be a bit less work, but I've been trying to debug and change config files etc to fix the issue like 12 hours or more, but cannot get it fixed up. My goal is make it work first at least as LAN and then I will add Steam API key to show it up at master list. I'm starting get frustrated if the error is related to my hardware like that it's "incompatibility" with my hardware and it requires so much hassle to fix it up. Server-package system released on GitHub is for older versions of ExileMod so I tried to install it manually without repacks.

When launching the arma3server.exe what is the exact parameters that (should) make Potato (1.0.0) version work properly? Is there something wrong with my parameters?

i think i wasnt able to get it to work with the same malloc you are trying to use.

you would want to use the malloc which came with  1.0.0 server package and place in arma server root, dont need the .dll extension when specifying it in boot parameters in bat.

7 minutes ago, yukihito23 said:

i think i wasnt able to get it to work with the same malloc you are trying to use.

you would want to use the malloc which came with  1.0.0 server package and place in arma server root, dont need the .dll extension when specifying it in boot parameters in bat.

Thank you a lot of your help. I'm currently at work so I try it tomorrow when I get back home. I will post the results here then.

Advertisement