Gan

Memory Crashs

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone,

Just started a bit ago to dive in the joy of Arma 3 server management. So here it is.

The server is running on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 with of course Exile 1.0, CUP maps & core 1.2.0, units, vehicle, weapons all 1.7.1 on the chernarus map along with Building replacement script to implement A3 buildings instead of A2 Chernarus closed buildings.

The server ran fine until Apex update then i started to have weird issues while loading the map: memory crash. It can be 'Memory cannot be written', '  0C000005-status_access_violation 'or the infamous INT_DIVISION_BY_0 which affects all of my users including myself. So ive been trying to figure it out.

After few tests i noticed that if wipe your Arma 3 local files in Appdata folder, meaning you do not have the mission .pbo anymore, well it triggers those errors. The Arma folder is recreated upon game restart but you do not recieve the mission file in MPMissionscache the server should be sending.

Then if i manually put the server mission file .pbo in my local files, magic, it works.

I've been testing for a bit now and im quite sure it is linked. Now i would want some imput about it. What could prevent the server from sending the .pbo, is it server side or client side. This problem is driving me a bit nuts.

Thanks a lot!

N.B: Let me know if you need the rpt files or dump.

Edited by Gan

12 answers to this question

Lots of topics about this already.

The short answer is this: You can't fix it. It's a problem between Arma 3 and Exile and can only be fixed by the devs of both.

i just compared mission files and they were identical on server and in my downloaded version and I only get into a game once in a hundred

Advertisement

Turning off the scripts BE filter seems to increase the chance of getting on the server. I think something is wrong with exile and BE/Arma. I've been having the same problem on my local dev, so I disabled scripts.txt scans all together and get a crash on loading maybe once every 10-15 logins.

14 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Turning off the scripts BE filter seems to increase the chance of getting on the server. I think something is wrong with exile and BE/Arma. I've been having the same problem on my local dev, so I disabled scripts.txt scans all together and get a crash on loading maybe once every 10-15 logins.

BE scripts is growing so fast its ridiculous so I do think something really odd is going on with it

Posted (edited)

If you wipe your scripts.log files....then restart server....join server...after you get pop up memory error, check your scripts.log...you should notice you have been kicked for a script restriction...the pop up memory error for some reason is no more than a script kick...keep adding exceptions and finally youll get it solved...

Edited by Cockney Reeper

18 minutes ago, Cockney Reeper said:

If you wipe your scripts.log files....then restart server....join server...after you get pop up memory error, check your scripts.log...you should notice you have been kicked for a script restriction...the pop up memory error for some reason is no more than a script kick...keep adding exceptions and finally youll get it solved...

I have been using BE_AEG and its currently processing another 50MB of script logs, about the 8th one in 48 hours.

Line #1 is fecking huge and line #2 is getting there too. what was 40-50k is now 350k and still growing, even with restarts etc and I am pretty handy with it these days so unless you have found the holy grail of BE kicks then im not sure

58 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Lots of topics about this already.

The short answer is this: You can't fix it. It's a problem between Arma 3 and Exile and can only be fixed by the devs of both.

Thanks for all the answers and yeah.

I read other topics about it but i never really found an explicit answer or i missed something. I realised many have this issue though i noticed a few servers managed to have it working more or less properly.

I wanted some input yes but also regarding the few tests ive done and noticed that this error was somehow linked ot the fact server isnt sharing the pbo.

Just a lead, i might be wrong. Well then hoping devs to fix that soon!

Thanks for everyones time!

11 minutes ago, Gan said:

Thanks for all the answers and yeah.

I read other topics about it but i never really found an explicit answer or i missed something. I realised many have this issue though i noticed a few servers managed to have it working more or less properly.

I wanted some input yes but also regarding the few tests ive done and noticed that this error was somehow linked ot the fact server isnt sharing the pbo.

Just a lead, i might be wrong. Well then hoping devs to fix that soon!

Thanks for everyones time!

I noticed something along those lines too, but copying the pbo to the mission cache didn't fix it 100%, just reduced the amount of crashes on joining. 

As a side note, I have observed there's some stuff that is happening on character creation when logging in that seems to be a bit weird, I think there's too much going on when initially loading in somewhere in the code which causes some hiccups. Initial spawn is is pretty laggy on the client for some reason, I've noticed most of the time the camera will be half in the ground on creation, once you're completely loaded in you're fine, but it takes a few seconds. This is running just plain exile and infistar alone.

12 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I noticed something along those lines too, but copying the pbo to the mission cache didn't fix it 100%, just reduced the amount of crashes on joining. 

As a side note, I have observed there's some stuff that is happening on character creation when logging in that seems to be a bit weird, I think there's too much going on when initially loading in somewhere in the code which causes some hiccups. Initial spawn is is pretty laggy on the client for some reason, I've noticed most of the time the camera will be half in the ground on creation, once you're completely loaded in you're fine, but it takes a few seconds. This is running just plain exile and infistar alone.

I noticed that camera being in the ground when you respawn at times yes.

Well, was just to make sure i wasn't missing something. But yes i did notice that after Apex update it all went south as my server was running fine before.

Thanks for the answers! Will wait devs to fix that then :)

14 hours ago, Cockney Reeper said:

I dont use battleye scripts.txt on my local server but still get memory errors at times.

I can not explain why but if i leave it a few min and try and connect again i manage to connect fine. I dont restart the server or anything, just simply wait and try again.

I also know that its not just Exile that have this problem. I have heard of Epoch and Wastland having the same problem at times.

Advertisement