TheSmiffy

Problems with connecting to Exile server

Question

Posted (edited)

Total noob when it comes to this - so apologies if this is in the wrong section.  Have created my own Arma3 Dedicated server which starts and appears to be running fine.  When trying to connect to said server it will sit on server loading map for about 3 mins then drops me back to the server browser.  Upon attempting reconnect  I ill actually get in game though its not responsive to any key press.  Again after about 3 mins the client drops back to the server browser.

I've followed the guide here for setting up and configuring my server.  The files for server and client were downloaded from the download page.  I have exhausted everything I can think of to get my client connecting successfully, server utilisation is 5% on the processor and 50% on the RAM with plenty of free disk space (aproximately 600Gb free).  Server specs are E3-1220 V3 @ 3.1Ghz, 8Mb Cache with 4Gb RAM.  Any and all help will be much appreciated.  The server's log file can be found at https://1drv.ms/u/s!ACAOlN7nZxKcjxo

A bit more info, server is running latest DirectX, C++ 2013 and 2015 X86 and X64 versions installed.  MySQL service restarted after making the amendment to its ini file. 

Thanks

Matt

Edited by TheSmiffy

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hey there.

If I am correct the files from GitHub are older at least they look like. Download latest Exile (Client) and ExileServer (Server) and download SteamCMD. Launch SteamCMD and type "login yoursteamuser yoursteampassword" and after logging in type "app_update 233780" and wait until it finishes download. After the download has been finished move @Exile and @ExileServer folder to root of your "Arma 3 Server" which is located in same folder where is your steamcmd "steamcmd/steamapps/common/Arma 3 Server" and then make in example a .bat file which contains something similar like this:

start arma3server.exe -nosplash -port=2302 -config=cfg\config.cfg -world=Altis -mod=@Mod_Name

PS. of course, use your own variables for your needs like -mod=@ExileServer;@Exile

Edited by Xiraen

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Xiraen said:

Hey there.

If I am correct the files from GitHub are older at least they look like. Download latest Exile (Client) and ExileServer (Server) and download SteamCMD. Launch SteamCMD and type "login yoursteamuser yoursteampassword" and after logging in type "app_update 233780" and wait until it finishes download. After the download has been finished move @Exile and @ExileServer folder to root of your "Arma 3 Server" which is located in same folder where is your steamcmd "steamcmd/steamapps/common/Arma 3 Server" and then make in example a .bat file which contains something similar like this:

start arma3server.exe -nosplash -port=2302 -config=cfg\config.cfg -world=Altis -mod=@Mod_Name

PS. of course, use your own variables for your needs like -mod=@ExileServer;@Exile

The files weren't downloaded from GitHub, as stated in my OP the files were downloaded from http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/

I will check start.bat after work today make sure that is correct.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Edit:

Here is my start.bat

@echo off
start "arma3" /min /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=Config\cfg\Config.cfg" "-profiles=Config\log" "-cfg=Config\cfg\basic.cfg" -name=Exile "-mod=@Exile;@ExileServer;" -world=empty -nosplash -noSound -noPause -enableHT -malloc=system -autoinit

exit 

Edited by TheSmiffy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is the last thing in the most recent rpt file

18:41:56 "ExileServer - Player Smiffy (UID 76561198051834139) connected!"
18:44:13 Client: Remote object 3:0 not found
18:44:13 Warning: Cleanup player - person 2:431 not found
18:44:14 Warning: Cleanup player - person 2:431 not found

Update:  Fixed the server after completely reinstalling Arma3 dedicated server, MySQL and Exile Server/Client.  I think my issues were due to issues with the SQL database.

Edited by TheSmiffy

Advertisement