GamersRoost

Notepad++ Tips And Tricks - Tutorial

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In this video, we wanted to show you some tips for Notepad++, that will save you literally HOURS of work.
I only learned about this recently, so keep the "n008" comments to yourself. Thanks for watching.
 
www.ExileMod.com
www.notepad-plus-plus.org/
Thanks @red_ned for the inspiration to make the video.

 

 

 

 

Edited by GamersRoost
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice video, I used macros but not the alt trick so you really do learn something new every day!

Also the extended mode for search and replace is very useful.

You can get the SQF language for notepad++ from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8692 which I like more than c++ or c#

Keep these coming, I need to learn more.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Posted (edited)

On 20/07/2016 at 3:47 AM, GamersRoost said:
In this video, we wanted to show you some tips for Notepad++, that will save you literally HOURS of work.
I only learned about this recently, so keep the "n008" comments to yourself. Thanks for watching.
 
www.ExileMod.com
www.notepad-plus-plus.org/
Thanks @red_ned for the inspiration to make the video.

 

 

 

 

Brilliant thanks for this video, I'm more of a copy and paste type of guy than a scripter but this saves a lot of time. Cheers

Edited by Razor77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wasted far too much of my life doing that crap.  Great video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good vid will save me tons off time .

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, red_ned said:

nice video, I used macros but not the alt trick so you really do learn something new every day!

Also the extended mode for search and replace is very useful.

You can get the SQF language for notepad++ from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8692 which I like more than c++ or c#

Keep these coming, I need to learn more.

This is so great. Thanks Red. I wish someone with the skill and time, would do a solution for Visual Studio for .sqf or the actual BI language.

Installed!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have spent 3 months getting my server to where I'm almost happy with and this  I  will save (and my wife) a ton of sanity.

Thank you for sharing this sweet tasting info, I have been copy and pasting away like a machine thinking that there had to be an easier and quicker way to do it and now i know. 

You sir are a legend! :D

Could you send me the link to that plugin also every little bit of help and understanding helps a n008 like me. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GamersRoost said:

This is so great. Thanks Red. I wish someone with the skill and time, would do a solution for Visual Studio for .sqf or the actual BI language.

Installed!

 

how about this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29066

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.