MudBone

A3XAI vehicles on Tanoa

Question

I tried loading the A3XAI mod on tanoa and some of the features work fine but the vehicles spawn on the foot trails....so imagine a zamak trying to negotiate a 3 foot wide trail through the mountain. No bueno. Any idea on how we might exclude them from the list of possible roads and get A3XAI to work again?

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, MudBone said:

I tried loading the A3XAI mod on tanoa and some of the features work fine but the vehicles spawn on the foot trails....so imagine a zamak trying to negotiate a 3 foot wide trail through the mountain. No bueno. Any idea on how we might exclude them from the list of possible roads and get A3XAI to work again?

Do your helis shoot at you?

from what I can see there is no way to differentiate between the tracks and actual roads.

Advertisement
2 hours ago, second_coming said:

from what I can see there is no way to differentiate between the tracks and actual roads.

Do you use this and do your helis shoot at you/players. Mine just circle...:|

I used A3EAI when I ran an Epoch server, I tried A3XAI briefly but it was too heavy on the server performance.

1 person likes this

Why would you have the AI driving such large vehicles, especially on Tanoa? On Esseker, mine are mostly in offroads and there's a small chance to spawn a UAZ or ATV.

3 hours ago, second_coming said:

Thanks....How did you do it or is the occupation mod having the same issues?

17 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Why would you have the AI driving such large vehicles, especially on Tanoa? On Esseker, mine are mostly in offroads and there's a small chance to spawn a UAZ or ATV.

By default thats what it has...but of course reducing it to atvs or the UAZ might help

32 minutes ago, MudBone said:

Thanks....How did you do it or is the occupation mod having the same issues?

I've just added in some checks to stop them spawning on the tracks but they still might try driving into them, but at least if they get stuck at the start of the trail they have a better chance of being unstuck.

Hi,

does anybody habe problems with the static spawns in the cities?

11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at Tuvanaka due to water position."
11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at Belfort due to water position."
11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at Koumac due to water position."
11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at maze. Acceptable positions: 1, Total: 2"
11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at harbor remnants due to water position."
11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at port. Acceptable positions: 5, Total: 13"
11:19:22 "A3XAI Debug: Static spawn not created at fortress ruins. Acceptable positions: 4, Total: 14"

So the loctions are detected, but there are never enough accaptable positions, execpt from the water stuff. In the a3xai.pbo/scripts/generateStaticSpawns.sqf you see that are at least 6 positions needed. But I have no idear how they are determined nor how to make it working with tanoa.

The roaiming ai that are atracted by the player are working fine, using the same spawngroup stuff - as far as I can see.

MrD

Advertisement