Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n00dles w/Oculus

class CfgExileCustomCode

13 posts in this topic

Would someone be kind enough to provide me with several examples of lines using this class? I what to access scripts/functions contained within other mods and packed inside .pbo's but don't seem to be able to find the correct path, I've checked the BI wiki for path variables and search paths but no combination seems to work.

Cheers

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
	/*
		You can overwrite every single file of our code without touching it.
		To do that, add the function name you want to overwrite plus the 
		path to your custom file here. If you wonder how this works, have a
		look at our bootstrap/fn_preInit.sqf function.

Simply add the following scheme here:

<Function Name of Exile> = "<New File Name>";

Example:

ExileClient_util_fusRoDah = "myaddon/myfunction.sqf";
	*/

Advertisement

I can read, If that worked had worked do you really think I'd be posting? For example what is the root folder of that search? "myaddon" could be anywhere.... the local mission file .pbo, the @exile/@exileServer folders, Arma's root?

Edited by n00dles w/Oculus

Like that are you trying to do? 

cfgExileCustomCode is used to over right code server side and client side like if you are wanting to over right some thing.

Sorry i may have been up to long and reading this post wrong :P 

No problem. That is what I'm trying to do I want to replace aspects of the mod with other code/functions. where ever I try to reference them from this class, my server loops bitching about not finding the files.

All I want to see is a working example of this class and the folder structure. Haven't spent much time coding for Arma thus I don't know its in's/out's such as default search paths, after following the BI wiki, and trying all the logical places still no joy.

Is it also possible to reference just a loaded function provided elsewhere or does it need to be a source file replacement, also does the source need to be unpacked? or can it be contained within a .pbo?

Cheers

If you for example want to customize a file in the @Exile folder to overwrite a clientfile you need to copy the file you want to edit into your mission file, make the edits and call it in cfgExileCustomCode.

Example:

To make changes to ExileClient_gui_safezone_safeESP.sqf you copy that file into the Exile.Altis.pbo, make necessary changes to it and call it with

ExileClient_gui_safezone_safeESP = "ExileClient_gui_safezone_safeESP.sqf";

in the cfgExileCustomCode section.

Edited by r0fus
Missing info

the simplest answer to the OP question is, the code will reside within the mission pbo. if you create a folder in the mission pbo and name it "overwrites", then your code will reflect as follows:

ExileClient_gui_safezone_safeESP = "overwrites\ExileClient_gui_safezone_safeESP.sqf";

you call the folder then the sqf.. if it resides within the root of the mission pbo, then you only call the sqf.

Ok, thatnks for your replys its answered my question. Basically that it won't do what I need. 

As as I want to replace aspects of exile no extend or modify it.

Ok, thatnks for your replys its answered my question. Basically that it won't do what I need. 

As as I want to replace aspects of exile no extend or modify it.

You can modify server files as much as you want but if there is client files you want to modify then you have to override them in the mission folder.

Yeah, I got it. Used the class for several other things already such as fixing the dup'ing mags. But what I'm after is the ability to for example remove Exiles damage and health or repair systems and replace with functions provided elsewhere by other mods, and this kind of stuff I can't really place in the mission from what I understand. Chances are I'm going about it all wrong.

Advertisement