Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aples

Safezone Anti vehicle theft???

4 posts in this topic

any ideas on how to prevent car hugging problem in the safezone? its been bugging my server for a while...

Yea.. Run over the guy thats hugging the car and he will be incapacitated on the ground long enough for players to get out and lock their car. I think it's funny that a lot of players havent figured that out. I have severely lax rules and I allow stealing on my server just so I dont have to deal with these little annoying issues but still get complaints about a rando trying to steal ppls shit, like read the rules and come up with something yourself to stop the guy. Run over him. Go to another trader lol. Theres other options aside from having to be like "Admin! Admin!"

As far as vehicles already locked and players trying to get in, theres not much to do except eject the player if you have admin tools. 

Edited by READTHESCROLL
2 people like this

Advertisement

There was a script for arma 2 epoch called Gebriel SafeZones in the script he made it so if the driver + group got out of a veh no one could enter it or access inv unless part of that group or a set amount of time has passed inside safezones. now even thought its arma 2 does not mean the idea behind it wont work in arma 3 just need to be converted to work. anyways thought i put the info out there that it if mostly do able is someone wanted to look into it more.

Edited by KillingRe

@READTHESCROLL has it right, no need to combat players stealing from safe zones any more, just run them over or have someone sit in the drivers seat... As an added bonus to running them over the rag doll anims make me laugh every time xD

The script from a2 was pretty useful because some trader zones on some maps were really small, and you couldn't run players over they way you can in a3 with physics. I think theft will happen regardless of warnings or scripts to help prevent it, which again is why the above post has it right. Figure it out as a player, be weary that random people are going to attempt to steal your shit. God I remember playing overpoch when it first became popular some early servers had no way to stop backpack thefts in safe zone, that was a nightmare! 

Advertisement