Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Romis

Problems joining my own server - It's not clear how to let the game accept my login to the server.

Question

Posted (edited)

Ok, so sorry about the incredibly generic topic name, but I didn't know what else to call it. But I will cut to the chase right away.

So I've been having some strange issues with my server, it's completely fresh out of the box, set up on a Dedicated server, where all the ports have been opened, and the RCON is on another port than the server.

Most of the times when trying to connect to the server it's stuck on loading map. If I try to click join game from someone in my friends list that's already inside the server(The guy that set up the server is able to log in 100% of the time, while I might struggle for hours) it gives me '' Connection Failed '' after a few moments stuck on loading map. If I then go to Direct Connect and insert the IP and Port there, the server will not show up. So I have tried this with A3 Launcher, through friends and Arma 3 Launcher, everything leads back to the same thing.

When searching for the server on Arma 3 Launcher, it sometimes shows up, and sometimes now. I am able to connect via direct connect on Arma 3 Launcher, but the same issues crop op.

Now.. If no-body was able to join the server, it would make it a lot easier to see where the problem was. But my server owner can join every time, and I have a lot of trouble joining, same thing with my friends.

Anyone have any experience in this?

Edit:

Also, I am able to see how many players are on the server and the ping in Arma 3 Launcher, but I cannot click on the players tab and see the names of the players. And I am also able to join any other servers without any issues.

Edited by Romis

2 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Romis said:

Ok, so sorry about the incredibly generic topic name, but I didn't know what else to call it. But I will cut to the chase right away.

So I've been having some strange issues with my server, it's completely fresh out of the box, set up on a Dedicated server, where all the ports have been opened, and the RCON is on another port than the server.

Most of the times when trying to connect to the server it's stuck on loading map. If I try to click join game from someone in my friends list that's already inside the server(The guy that set up the server is able to log in 100% of the time, while I might struggle for hours) it gives me '' Connection Failed '' after a few moments stuck on loading map. If I then go to Direct Connect and insert the IP and Port there, the server will not show up. So I have tried this with A3 Launcher, through friends and Arma 3 Launcher, everything leads back to the same thing.

When searching for the server on Arma 3 Launcher, it sometimes shows up, and sometimes now. I am able to connect via direct connect on Arma 3 Launcher, but the same issues crop op.

Now.. If no-body was able to join the server, it would make it a lot easier to see where the problem was. But my server owner can join every time, and I have a lot of trouble joining, same thing with my friends.

Anyone have any experience in this?

Edit:

Also, I am able to see how many players are on the server and the ping in Arma 3 Launcher, but I cannot click on the players tab and see the names of the players. And I am also able to join any other servers without any issues.

Server on your same local network? Are you direct connecting via the internal Lan IP of the server if so?

Connecting failed is typically an issue with the connection not accepting yours. If other people play with no issues I would give your ISP a shout and see why your connection is restricted.

Advertisement