• 1
phantom_bora

Wrong Signature Kick after Apex update

Question

Several of our players keep getting randomly kicked from our server since the Apex/Potato update. Only common denominator that we can figure out is these players have not purchased Apex as of yet. The kicks are very random and sometimes they can play for several hours, other times only a few minutes at most. The signature files they get kicked for vary from time to time.

I personally have been kicked numerous times and have redownloaded my addons, redownloaded Exile, redownloaded the base game of ARMA 3 (yes and Steam Verified the game). This tends to resolve the issue only temporarily at best. It happens regardless of what's around me on the map, what gear I have or how long I'm on the server. I've even downloaded the signature files directly from the server and used them with no success.  It appears to be client side and not server side as this issue happens to me on other servers.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this on their servers. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

63 answers to this question

  • 2

I'm running into the same problem on my sever...Several players, including regulars and even some of my own staff, are being kicked repeatedly to the point where the game is unplayable. On some restarts, they can play for hours uninterrupted, on others, they are kicked within minutes...Some have even gone to the lengths of uninstalling everything and reinstalling, but still having the same problems - yet on other servers they are fine...

Am I missing something?? I am a new server owner, but from what I can tell everything should be set up correctly. Although, there is a green circle with a question mark in it when I try to join via Arma 3's server browser. Does that mean anything? Sorry for the dumb questons! :x

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ive had the same thing. Seems for me it is the Old_Bike.pbo signiture file that keeps getting me kicked. Ive worked on it every way I could for over 60 hours and it still is failing

neww.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 0

Ours is all over the place and it happens to some players, but not all. The pattern I'm starting to notice is folks that DON'T own Apex are getting the sig kick on our server. 

Again, working theory, I don't have a lot of concrete proof to back that up.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, devilFaust said:

Ours is all over the place and it happens to some players, but not all. The pattern I'm starting to notice is folks that DON'T own Apex are getting the sig kick on our server. 

Again, working theory, I don't have a lot of concrete proof to back that up.

I've got people that do own the DLC and they are still getting kicked for wrong signature.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ok, well that's good to know (not good that it's happening...) but good to know it's not a purchase issue.

For the players it happens to, it's never the same pbo either. Folks have reported they've deleted and reloaded all their addons and still have the problem.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/24/2016 at 0:24 PM, devilFaust said:

Ok, well that's good to know (not good that it's happening...) but good to know it's not a purchase issue.

For the players it happens to, it's never the same pbo either. Folks have reported they've deleted and reloaded all their addons and still have the problem.

 

We are starting to see the same as well, almost like a phantom steam update no one saw.  Even happened to some of our admins.  We have found that creating a new profile and copying the settings over seems to fix it, even though they are pbo issues that is states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, GyroCapitan said:

We are starting to see the same as well, almost like a phantom steam update no one saw.  Even happened to some of our admins.  We have found that creating a new profile and copying the settings over seems to fix it, even though they are pbo issues that is states.

Interesting, there was a hack last year for arma 2 that would corrupt people's profiles that were playing on a server when a hacker used the hack and caused battleye to ban everyone from servers until they deleted and recreated their profiles. Took a while before anyone figured out what was going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Interesting, there was a hack last year for arma 2 that would corrupt people's profiles that were playing on a server when a hacker used the hack and caused battleye to ban everyone from servers until they deleted and recreated their profiles. Took a while before anyone figured out what was going on.

I am not sure about that one.  I have an admin right now that is getting kicked for random Arma pbo issues.  He has reinstalled, recreated profiles (which did work for awhile) and downloaded all MODS after deletion.  If I compare my RPT to his, he has all the right signatures:

Wrong signature for file addons\props_f_exp_a.pbo

Wrong signature for file addons\dubbing_f_epb.pbo

Wrong signature for file E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\expansion\addons\sounds_f_exp.ebo

Just a few that we see server side, but nothing on their RPT side.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, GyroCapitan said:

I am not sure about that one.  I have an admin right now that is getting kicked for random Arma pbo issues.  He has reinstalled, recreated profiles (which did work for awhile) and downloaded all MODS after deletion.  If I compare my RPT to his, he has all the right signatures:

Wrong signature for file addons\props_f_exp_a.pbo

Wrong signature for file addons\dubbing_f_epb.pbo

Wrong signature for file E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\expansion\addons\sounds_f_exp.ebo

Just a few that we see server side, but nothing on their RPT side.

Sounds exactly what's going on in our server. Sometimes it works for a couple days, other times it doesn't. 

I've deleted ALL of my Bisign files in my Addons folder, my Heli folder, my Mark folder and my Kart folder. Game then works. Fast forward to a couple days later and wash, rinse and repeat the mass deletion and re-verification to get it working again. 

I've seen a couple threads on Bohemia's forums about it and it seems like everyone is about at the same point. I don't really wanna shell out $35 for Apex to see if that fixes it. Hoping Bohemia isn't going to ignore this and will be pushing a hotfix out for it soon, although it's been two weeks and I'm not a fan of re-downloading 1/3 of my game every time I want to play on my server ::facepalm::

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

Was a guess based on the fact people claim it fixes itself after deleting the profile :)

I have had A2 repeatedly corrupt some of the pbos over the last couple months for no reason. It's stopped finally, usually only happened if I connected to Taviana with DayZLauncher though, but I was getting a message client side about bad pbos.

Edited by Kobayashi
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.