Zeito

Connect/Disconencts

Question

I'm not entirely sure if this is a client or server side problem, however i see loads of people trying to connect to my server, and as soon as they connect, they get disconnected. They'll even try multiple times.

There's no error anything, just player connected, Player GUID verified, Player Disconnected. My friend and I can connect just fine. InfiStar logs just show a player connected and then disconnected, they're not being kicked for BattleEye restrictions, they're not banned, there's no whitelisting, and there's nothing in the RPT. 

Anyone any idea what's going on or what I can do to investigate further?

13 answers to this question

First of all would it be useful if you post your addons you installed. But as i guess you have additional addons, plugins, whatever this is a normal behavior. Player who does not have the required extension is getting kicked. Nothing to worry for....

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Flow said:

First of all would it be useful if you post your addons you installed. But as i guess you have additional addons, plugins, whatever this is a normal behavior. Player who does not have the required extension is getting kicked. Nothing to worry for....

Sorry yes - Addons are: DMS, ZCP, infiStar, VEMF, A3XAI. No weapon packs or anything like that, besides the missions and AI, it's all vanilla Arma/Exile

Edited by Zeito

Advertisement

Roamin AI, DMS and VEMF? Guess that performance will not be the best. If you don't have any mods that needs to be loaded on the client side when joining, it is strange. The disconnects should not happen then. But it can also be that the users are loading mods which ARE NOT on your server and therefore are kicked so. Hard to say

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Flow said:

Roamin AI, DMS and VEMF? Guess that performance will not be the best. If you don't have any mods that needs to be loaded on the client side when joining, it is strange. The disconnects should not happen then. But it can also be that the users are loading mods which ARE NOT on your server and therefore are kicked so. Hard to say

It's not buttery smooth, but it runs fine. No client-side mods at all. I would have thought if they had client mods that different to what the server had, they wouldn't be able to connect at all, let alone connect then disconnect. But I will try that when i can, I'll load an un-required mod and see if it allows me to connect at all, and if i get kicked if it logs a message, because at the moment there's nothing.

Normally I would think it's a problem that someone is joining with extra mods or not the right mods. But I asked a streamer guy to test join my server. He joined and got disconnected, rejoined and got in. His friend had followed and he got disconnected but didn't try to connect again. All I'm running with is Exile 1.0 and Zombies and demons steam version. I've been running for days and the only people in the database are me and the streamer. Months ago I had been running Altis and had at least some people in the database, with a lot of people joining with incorrect mods of course, but there was still some that got in. And the problem with the corrupted uploads could there be other minute corruptions in the files still lurking around. The only thing I really plan to do now is just wait for an update and see what happens.

2 hours ago, Emton said:

Normally I would think it's a problem that someone is joining with extra mods or not the right mods. But I asked a streamer guy to test join my server. He joined and got disconnected, rejoined and got in. His friend had followed and he got disconnected but didn't try to connect again. All I'm running with is Exile 1.0 and Zombies and demons steam version. I've been running for days and the only people in the database are me and the streamer. Months ago I had been running Altis and had at least some people in the database, with a lot of people joining with incorrect mods of course, but there was still some that got in. And the problem with the corrupted uploads could there be other minute corruptions in the files still lurking around. The only thing I really plan to do now is just wait for an update and see what happens.

I do not wonder about that. There are just to many servers out. People spread. There are 1.5 players per server so....

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Flow said:

I do not wonder about that. There are just to many servers out. People spread. There are 1.5 players per server so....

Well I wonder because I saw the guy try to connect and it failed (yet there was no record of his first attempt in the logs) and then a quick reconnect that succeeds it seems to be a pattern and I think SOME players know what mods to join with but they're just not getting through the first time, I think some error initially communicating with the database. Maybe a Arma bug or extdb2 or exile. Well it doesn't help that most servers runs tons of different mods everyone is used to getting errors not connecting but unless a server has a bunch of players most people aren't gonna try a second time.

Edited by Emton

I had the same problem on my server, people would join and it would dc them, for a while whenever myself or a friend would join it would crash out arma completely and then give us a memory reference error. I reinstalled everything freshly on the server and a fresh install seemed to fix it. Then I started adding different scripts back to it and whenever I put @infiSTAR back on it, it seemed to start kicking people again and doing the mem ref crash. I have tried to do fresh installs of it but cant seem to figure it out, i know that it's something that I'm not doing right because other servers are running infistar with no problem so it's something I'm doing wrong, but it doesn't show anything wrong in the rpt with the reason of the kick so I'm not sure what it is.

Mem crashes are not caused by infiSTAR. Not at all. In fact infistar loads on your client after all that happens. I've texted you a priv message that might help you out srcinmo :)

Kicks done by infiSTAR are logged in the server .rpt log and in seperate log files created with the arma_log.dll

Simple disconnects are shown to you as well when somebody just double clicks the server in the lobby and then hits escape.
Or when somebody disconnects to respawn (some people tend to do that still) or when someone uses unverified signatures or wrong mod files.

there is many things that would cause a kick but none of that is infiSTAR related :)

I'm having the Same issues except I'm running cup, massi, rhs, DMS, occupation, zcp, vg, vps, custom loadouts, urban rappelling, advanced rapelling, on tanoa. The issue also happened on Altis but it's worse with tanoa 

Advertisement