Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExecuteDisaster

Adding Additional Containers

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am curious as to whether there is support in Exile already, or if there is a well defined way to add new container types to the game. The goal is to make a new container type that uses regular Arma 3 assets, like 'Box_NATO_AmmoOrd_F', and utilizes the exile abstract system to create a new container with storage, persistence, and perhaps the ability to craft the container. I haven't been able to find any explanation on how this might be accomplished but I know it is possible because of things like the DonkeyPunch mod. Anyways, hoping that someone familiar with this stuff can give a little guide on it, otherwise I'll start digging into other mods to try and understand how it is done.

Thanks!

Advertisement

So @FluffyBunnyFee have you used this yourself and is it extensible so that I can add my own? Just wondering if you can provide a bit more context here. I appreciate it!

To be honest, I don't do coding or any of that jazz. I just know the extended base mod would provide you with the containers you are looking for from experience in playing on servers with that mod. They have the ammo crates on a skid that are unlocked always, as well as other containers such as the hangar, which is a 10,000 storage lockable.   I don't know much (if any) about coding and whatnot, but this mod should provide you with at least the base items and containers you are after to make them craftable.  How much work is it? I honestly can't tell ya.  I am just another pleb!! 

4 hours ago, ExecuteDisaster said:

So @FluffyBunnyFee have you used this yourself and is it extensible so that I can add my own? Just wondering if you can provide a bit more context here. I appreciate it!

Adding your own is not an easy task, well it is, but it requires all your clients to have said mod to be able to build them, extended base addons is such a known mod that its not a problem, but when you add your own container, create the item for the container - your clients need the files.

Now 2 ideas sprung in mind - Do you want to add the possibility of the arma crates to be mounted and installed in a base? Because that might be possible server-side, im no big of a coder, but i know my way around the basics, not able to connect to my server atm, but if the mounting and whatnot is in the server side scripts - this should be possible.

Also the 2nd idea - the question springs to why? Are you using DMS and want the crates to be installed at home? - The question here is - what do you want to do that doesnt let you use the Exile crates? - This is what i did for  my missions - i replaced the box in the missions to the exile supply crate. 

Advertisement