bozebilly

Auto start.bat not starting server..

Question

Posted (edited)

So i just made my own server following the guide, all went well until the last step... So i start "auto start.bat" it does it's thing with BE, loading mission from bank etc. until it try's to load the mission. There it just hangs for a moment and shuts down arma and restarts it. Infintely... I got a few idea's what it "might" be, from what i have gathered here and google (which is very limited...) but its useless info unless i know how or where to fix it.

Just tell me what you need and i will try to supply it (obviously logs etc.) i dont want to be uploading useless crap.

But my gues is something with SQL did see "something" along the lines of "root, profile, and pass" dont know exactly just briefly saw it somewhere.

Many thanks to the kind Folk here Willing To Help.

Not to push but if someone could have a look asap i would be very gratefull because i am basically stuck right now.

*edit* 

so i managed to find that log again and this: 

[18:57:16:074176 +02:00] [Thread 1508] extDB2: Database Type: MySQL
[18:57:16:086950 +02:00] [Thread 1508] extDB2: Database Exception Error: Connection attempt failed: Access denied for user 'billy'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
[18:57:16:087813 +02:00] [Thread 1508] extDB2: Sending Shutdown to Armaserver

Edited by bozebilly

7 answers to this question

It has been resolved... Apparently SQL decided ROOT Account was the main... obviously logging in with "Billy" isnt gonna work then... O.o

Any way to change that? msSQL is a bit confusingo.O

Advertisement

When you add the username to SQL make sure you assign global privileges and allow access from anywhere %

On August 9, 2016 at 3:24 AM, DaRockawilder said:

I've got the same problem, how did you fix it?

Post your batch file

If your asking me open Heidi SQL , login as root and up top there is an add user icon from there it's pretty simple

Posted (edited)

Okay, i managed to fix that, apparently my password for my non-root mySql account wasn't the same as in the extdb-conf. But now it says "game started" in the arma 3 console but the game doesn't start. And in the server log it says "Aborted connection 25 to db: 'exile' user: 'tzab' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)"

Edited by DaRockawilder

Advertisement